Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
511 Posts
Wallyo:

Very humorous story - Now everyone here knows what a romantic you are !

I think many are just resigning themselves to "Valet key" life.

I have and it's ok, not easy.

Quite often I have to cruise to DD just to get in different door, would have been easier to hit button !

Cheers - David
Thank you, I try.

·
Premium Member
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,186 Posts
After doing this, one needs to transfer the cut key blade AND transponder chip to house within this donor Fob, right ?

OR

Install newly SDS reprogrammed board into existing FOB that already has correctly cut key blade & transponder chip.
I think you need to swap the donor remote board into your fob before you reprogram it. Or swap the blade and transponder chip into the fob case that came with the donor remote. (Of course, choose the fob case in better condition.)

Then drive the ML to wherever the Star Diagnosis System is, either MB dealer or similarly equipped indie technician. If the former, having pre-arranged with the workshop that they will program the used key remote.

As Witek_M has indicated previously, you need the authorized transponder chip in order to release the AAM and program in the donor remote board.

Due to a different immobilizer setup in MY98-99 MLs, this method may not work in those. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are the leftovers for my two MLs. I dearly miss them. The E320 I owned after was nothing like my ML320. For transponder, ones programmed, they are locked with password or passcode so I believe they are one time use unless you're the programmer! It would be easier and cheaper to get the BCM (body control module) with used key & VIN # out of junkyard's or wrecked ML they buy set of new keys from dealer. As far as I know only one Mercedes facility cut & programmed all FOB out of Austin Tx.
Anyone has interest in these left over FOBs to play with?
I still have a ML320, and down to one key. I'd be happy to take those keys off your hands and see if I can get them working if you're giving them away.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts