Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter and road salting is fast approaching, I was wondering what people use to protect their cars from the salt build up on the carpets?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am interested in one as well.

Amazon has Genuine OEM all-season floor mat from MB, at a cheaper price. How does this compare against WeatherTech?

Amazon link
I picked up a set of these from the Dealer last week. I paid $75 and they fit well. The rubber is still off gassing so if you do get a set let them stand spread out in the garage for a while before putting them in your car. Unless you are obsessed with "New Mat Smell" like I am :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't fit 2012's

I just received a set of these (WeatherTech) for my 2012 C-250; they don't fit! I called and they sent a second set; replacements were not only the wrong color they still did not fit!
Called again and they said they would refund my $. I tried to explain the problem to them; the press stud retainers appear to be the wrong size; but they did not seem interested.

Strange. Maybe MB changed the size of the attachment studs on the 2012??:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trulimey,

I experienced the same problem when I attempted to install my Weathertechs in my 2012 C350 yesterday. The press stud retainers most certainly do not fit, so MB must have changed the size of the attachment studs during the 2012 design refresh.

What a shame... I really like the way the Weathertech's look (even though I was disappointed that they didn't make mats for the rear seats). I will be changing them out for the OEM mats.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am interested in one as well.

Amazon has Genuine OEM all-season floor mat from MB, at a cheaper price. How does this compare against WeatherTech?

Amazon link
The OEM mats SUCK! Maybe they revised them for later models (I hope so). My 2008 C300 winter mats are nice thick rubber which I like, but they don't snap onto the studs on the floor so the mat always moves. It also comes with steel clips that clip on the mat close to the seat and it has needles that must go into the carpet. It was very hard to get the needles into the carpet, and I didn't really like the idea of doing it. Plus the whole thing just seems archaic. Plus the mats don't protect the side wall carpet that gets splashed on.

The Weather Tech digital fit mats fit great and snap onto the floor studs and cover all the carpet around the foot well. I only wish they went higher up the foot rest - now there is about 8" of carpet exposed at the top that will get salt on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts