Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we've had this discussion before I think... but I set out tonight to see what's really up.

if you fold down the seats in this configuration, per the manual...

you've got about 10'/3m from dash to hatch. if you've got something flexible, say, sprinkler pipe, I bet you could get 12' with the lid closed.

this is a countertop. for my shop. 12' long by 24" deep. i brought it home in the wagon from home depot. :)

the hatch was tied down about 1/3 open, resting on the top of the box with 2.5' hanging out the back. worked like a champ.

t-Modell für den Sieg

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
before I scrolled down to see the counter top I was going to guess, "a canoe":)

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
1,048 Posts
My wagon's greatest fame was hauling my 1985 Honda Elite 250 scooter internally. I laid it down on its side (not a great idea) and damn nearly got the hatch to close. Almost! I didn't take a picture because I was mad as all hell at the time because the scooter had a flat and I had no towing for motorcycles at the time. So I just said the hell with it, somehow lifted the back end onto the bumper and slid it in.

I have already moved 50% of my current house into a storage facility using only the wagon. Gotta love that savings!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 300SD
637 Posts
That's very impressive. I thought my old A2 VW Golf was extremely functional, but the MB wagon surely trumps!

·
Premium Member
107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
5,924 Posts
I've got a gig tonight, so the wagon's going to have to haul three guitars, two Fender Deluxe Reverbs, and Fender Bassman, two PA cabinets, a board and stands for everything.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
This makes me want the wagon even more. A euro gasser w/ a tow hitch could be a nice substitute for my Jeep Cherokee 95% of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts