Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'95 E420
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always figured AMG was like a performance division of Mercedes Benz. i never knew that, i just assumed. anyway, my brother-in-law said that AMG is actually a company in Los Angeles that turns certain models into those hot performers that we all drool over.

any one know 100% for sure?

on the same note what is the M3? is a company that modifies BMW's or is it part of BMW?

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Moner, looks like you're in for some education. But not to worry, you've come to the right place [:D]
You figured right about AMG. And the M3 is the ultra-high performance (read: overkill) model of the BMW 3-series. But I have to warn you that I had just committed a sacrilege by even mentioning BMW on this forum [8D]

Shady

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
AMG is in fact owned and operated in Afelterbach Germany. It was it's own company since its inception in 1968 and was/is the premier MBZ tuner for many years. It was recognized and absorbed by the MBZ factory in 1998. AMG has a tuning and acessory shop in California as most of the tuners are starting to do to cash in on the North American market. The premier tuning firm outside of MBZ is now Brabus. Also based in Germany. So to answer your question, Yes AMG is part of Mercedes-Benz. That should be quite obvious as you can stop into any MBZ dealer and purchase AMG motorcars with the same factory warranty as the standard issue cars. Follow Shady's advice, DO NOT mention bmw's, no one cares. I think.....

·
Registered
1992 MERZ 400E
421 Posts
redwood - 4/21/2005 12:28 PM

AMG is in fact owned and operated in Afelterbach Germany.
how do u pronounce that?
i felt her back?

i thought renntech rides pimps brabus easy?
i remember reading renntech forums and someone from that company said they always aim for better 0-60's or something to that effect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts