Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 500SE, 2000 Lexus G300
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.. bought this one about a month ago, the only thing changed on the exterior is the new rims. Have been offered 18" Lorinsers, but I find that these suit the car much better.

Reupholstered the seats in two-tone dark blue leather and light grey suede (to match interior plastic and body color), refurbished and repainted console into body silver. Fotos later, I promise :)

Exterior wise, what else? I know that the bumpers and skirts need a repaint :)

The car is a 1983 380SE with about 320,000km on the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 300SE
61 Posts
Love the rims! What is that set up?

Sometimes, less is more. I like your sence of style here. It's just different enough to call it your own, but remains close enough to original elegance. Slapping on a bunch of 'JC Whitney dingleberries' and chrome whiz-bangs just makes it look like a kid's car. Looks good right where it is. Drive and enjoy!

Don:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can we see pictures of the interior?? I am curios..

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
864 Posts
You can paint the grille black :p

·
Always Remembered. RIP.
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Welcome aboard...nice car

I think you should paint the grille insert black too, then lower it a bit with some suitable springs

·
Registered
1991 350 SD, 1984 500 SEC, 1982 280 SE Euro
48 Posts
You should: tint the windows, lower it, clean and pollish the engine bay.

·
Registered
SL600 ML55 AMG
447 Posts
Exterior looks good. I would put one of these inside. I have one in my SEC and SDL and they really look nice.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
45,349 Posts
Congrats to your car and welcome to the forum.
To edit your personal profile to include your car mod. and location, you can use the control panel on the top right.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Mercedes Benz at www.mbusa.com used to sell the official 2 CD service manual for $ 20. Unfortunately it is not being offered at the present time.
We hope it's only temporary.

You can check the DIY thread above, or type your question into the 'search this forum' box on the top right. It will get you all archived post re. your problem.

You might try the Russian MB site. Don't put in a mod. or vin, click on cars and scroll down, until you get to yours: Congrats to your car and welcome to the forum.
To edit your personal profile to include your car mod. and location, you can use the control panel on the top right.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Mercedes Benz at www.mbusa.com used to sell the official 2 CD service manual for $ 20. Unfortunately it is not being offered at the present time.
We hope it's only temporary.

You can check the DIY thread above, or type your question into the 'search this forum' box on the top right. It will get you all archived post re. your problem.

You might try the Russian MB site. Don't put in a mod. or vin, click on cars and scroll down, until you get to yours: Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé MB

Good luck

Good luck

·
Registered
1990 500SE, 2000 Lexus G300
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, everybody.

Wheels are 265/40/18.

Here's a few pics of the interior, and yes, I know that the gearshift knob needs changing :) I've already eyed up a really nice black leather with steel inserts piece.

Steering wheel has been changed, from what I believe was an AMG steering wheel. It was very, very old though.

Apart from that.. just a usual mercedes :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts