Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
watches

vintage cars

and at the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, I have a slight obsession with healthy eating and avoiding mainstream/processed foods, etc

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perazzi shotguns, vacuum tube audio gear (a lot like straight razor/fountain pen lunatics) and old wooden sailboats.
vacuum tubes +vinyl=THE BEST:thumbsup:,I remember my audiophile friend was testing VT amplifier ....what a sound i must tell you ,we put some jazz - Piere Favre :eek: , i was speechless....and then tried Cannibal Corpse ... didn't work well,Marantz handled death metal much better ...

Any pictures of your set up?, would love to see that nice blue glow...

·
Registered
13 Posts
vacuum tubes +vinyl=THE BEST:thumbsup:,I remember my audiophile friend was testing VT amplifier ....what a sound i must tell you ,we put some jazz - Piere Favre :eek: , i was speechless....and then tried Cannibal Corpse ... didn't work well,Marantz handled death metal much better ...

Any pictures of your set up?, would love to see that nice blue glow...

The vacuum tubes are amazing. I used to drive the tweeters in a 1981 380SE with a pair of custom made tube amps. They were always breaking, I presume from being in the car. When they worked, they sounded amazing.

The only thing I change when playing the early 80's American Hardcore/Speed Metal is the turntable in my system. I use a Sumiko Project table as opposed to my usual VPI Scoutmaster setup. Mostly its because I don't want to play my old punk albums on a $1500 needle! I'll try to take a pic this weekend.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vacuum tubes are amazing. I used to drive the tweeters in a 1981 380SE with a pair of custom made tube amps. They were always breaking, I presume from being in the car. When they worked, they sounded amazing.

The only thing I change when playing the early 80's American Hardcore/Speed Metal is the turntable in my system. I use a Sumiko Project table as opposed to my usual VPI Scoutmaster setup. Mostly its because I don't want to play my old punk albums on a $1500 needle! I'll try to take a pic this weekend.
i'll wait for your pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts