Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys but i wanna know why its connected to the heater air area while its for the wiper .does it keep the water warm so it wont freeze in the winter?
it kind make no since to me . its connected to the blower motor regulator box area which it sucks air from out to inside the car.
he:confused:lp please

MERCEDES S-CLASS W140 WINDSHIELD WIPER SPRAYER WASHER VALVE SOLENOID

MERCEDES S-CLASS W140 WINDSHIELD WIPER SPRAYER WASHER VALVE SOLENOID | eBay

·
Registered
600SEL
1,083 Posts
It was named wrong. It has nothing to do with washer washer. This is a thermo valve for windshield heater. It opens at low temperature to let coolant into the heater at the bottom of the windshield.

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just checked it on my car. you are right. its connected to the coolant hose that goes into the car . thanks myarmar
i still dont know why mercedes made it.lol

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500
929 Posts
It was named wrong. It has nothing to do with washer washer. This is a thermo valve for windshield heater. It opens at low temperature to let coolant into the heater at the bottom of the windshield.

:thumbsup: 100%

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummmm, but its connected to the coolant antifreeze hose,not the windshield wipers the hose is connected to the mono valve motor and runs into the car, . you know wt i mean!!!!!. i took the hose off of it to see, and the water running green"antifreeze" .
anyway thanks guys. i guess mercedes know wt they r doin,lol

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500
929 Posts
ummmm, but its connected to the coolant antifreeze hose,not the windshield wipers the hose is connected to the mono valve motor and runs into the car, . you know wt i mean!!!!!. i took the hose off of it to see, and the water running green"antifreeze" .
anyway thanks guys. i guess mercedes know wt they r doin,lol
here is some schematic

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts