Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used a 19mm wrench and cracked open the Vacuum Hose on the Brake Booster and heard a "wosh" sound of air.
This after my 560SL has been sitting for a couple days.
Does this mean I have a tight leak free vacuum system?

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Tight from the check valve back to the booster in any case...
Good point. I had forgot about that Check Valve.

What got me on this is I am building a Smoke Machine to test for for any Vacuum Leaks.
Still have not got my Smoke Machine working properly or made the connection seal air tight on the Vacuum Booster line.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine does the same thing, and all my vacuum operated vents work as do all the pnuematic locks. Go figure.
I think there is a vacuum tank for doors and locks behind the inner fender, and a pump in the 560SL at the battery.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'd assume yes. That would mean your check valve on the booster line is functioning.

The doors locks and HVAC vents are a different system. They should have check valves in place and vacuum pods to store the vacuum. Later cars had the separate vacuum pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
okyoureabeast
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing