Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G70 - Schnell Gang 40 KM/H Mit 8. Gang??

The google translation is "Overdrive 40 KM / H In 8th gear" but what does it mean ?

thanks and happy new year!

·
Registered
375 Posts
OK, just saw this. I will translate:

G 70 - Fast Gear (Overdrive) 40 km/h With 8 speeds (gears) ??

mmthomas, the punctuation (or lack of) in his/her sentence is not at the correct place. This makes it very unclear.

G70 could be a variation or option of a transmission. It obviously has 8 gears. Does it have the splitter?

Cheers Rolf

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
OK, just saw this. I will translate:

G 70 - Fast Gear (Overdrive) 40 km/h With 8 speeds (gears) ??

mmthomas, the punctuation (or lack of) in his/her sentence is not at the correct place. This makes it very unclear.

G70 could be a variation or option of a transmission. It obviously has 8 gears. Does it have the splitter?

Cheers Rolf
It actually is.:)
In most European countries 8. means 8th .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is one of the codes I do not understand on the mog build sheet.

Relevant today as we went for a long test drive and wanted to know if I was going to be surprised on the "top speed" section of the test drive.....made 59 mph at ~2800ish rpm using 395's.

Test drive went well!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
@yarr,
Thank you I knew that :)
I was referring to the lack of punctuation b/w the words Gang and 40. Actually Schnell and Gang should be one word....but you knew that.
I don't mean to correct you or anyone on here.
Cheers Rolf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
uni406
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing