Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new Mercedes owner (C 350) and I'd like to know what exactly the c/s button next to the transmission shifter really does in the version of the C 350 for the US market.

The manual indicates that it adjusts the shift points, which make sense. However, I've read other reports on the internet saying this button also makes steering sharper and stiffens up the suspension. I also read one report saying in "s" mode, it lowers the car slightly. I've noticed when I toggle between "c" and "s" mode, I hear a little electronic buzz for about 2 seconds and feel a tiny bit of motion from the drivetrain. So I think something changes, but I'd like to know what changes.

Thanks in advance.

-b

·
Registered
A-Class (W169)
53 Posts
You shouldn't mix the c/s button on the transmission with the "sport" button which is from the "Advanced Agility" optional package. The sport button on the console stiffens trhe suspension, makes the steering more direct, makes the throttle more resonsive too and the auto transmission holds teh gears longer.

The c/s button on the other hand is just for auto transmission setting (c starts from second gear etc..)

·
Registered
2008 C300 Sport
60 Posts
You shouldn't mix the c/s button on the transmission with the "sport" button which is from the "Advanced Agility" optional package. The sport button on the console stiffens trhe suspension, makes the steering more direct, makes the throttle more resonsive too and the auto transmission holds teh gears longer.

The c/s button on the other hand is just for auto transmission setting (c starts from second gear etc..)
That is incorrect on the C-Class. The C-Class has a semi-active suspension and does not interface with the C/S button on the transmission. On SL, S etc the C/S does affect the suspension. ie vehicles with the active suspension

·
Registered
A-Class (W169)
53 Posts
That is incorrect on the C-Class. The C-Class has a semi-active suspension and does not interface with the C/S button on the transmission. On SL, S etc the C/S does affect the suspension. ie vehicles with the active suspension
If you opt for the Advanced Agility package on the new C-Class you get a 'Sport' button with which you set a firmer suspension and more responsive gas pedal. So if you have this option you have fully eletronic dumping selection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts