1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No double rainbow jokes, please!
:D

All joking aside, I have been having problems with the heat of late. The center vents don't put out heat at all while the driver side vent does help a little but not enough.

Searched the forum and found this error code when I did the REST+Charcoal Filter Search.

B1463 M16/18 Right center vent diverter flap actuator motor

What does it mean? Is the the dual-valve replacement the fix for this or there something else that can fix this issue?

Many Regards.

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
The center vents (are only supposed to) put out cool air conditioned air. Mercedes reasoned out that not many people want hot air blowing in their face. As a result, only the side and floor vents pump out hot air.

Conversely, Mercedes also reasoned out that people don't want cold air blowing on your feet and you have to manually make cold air blow towards your feet. It won't do it automatically. You can't force hot air through the middle vents though, even if you are into that.

Simply put, I'm saying that this is a normal phenomenon and not a malfunction.

If it's a matter of air volume circulating, check your filters and your blower motor control module as those might be dirty or malfunctioning.

·
Registered
2003 S430
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense on both counts. Thanks for the prompt reply. I will change the filters soon and need to search on the forums about checking the Blower Control Module. Hopefully, nothing is wrong with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts