Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
I use Zaino on the leather and lately I have been using Race Glaze on the dash and other plastics & rubber.

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Meguiar's leather wipes are easy to use for freshening up & work well with the perforated leather.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Leatherique

johnamoss said:
Meguiar's leather wipes are easy to use for freshening up & work well with the perforated leather.
I agree with John about these, but I think you should also look at the Leatherique website for what they offer for your leather and MB-Tex.

·
Registered
2003 E500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, this Leatherique thing looks really good. Does it really make hard leather soft like it says? And is it as easy to use as it sounds? I think i'll get that combo pack.... you guys use it on the dash, doors, etc, too like it says?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
89 Mercedes 300E, 91 Mercedes 300CE, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,667 Posts
hawaiiannights808 said:
Connolly? WHere to get? Hey you from Hawaii??? HOWZIT~!!!
SHOOTS,AN DEN? MO BETTAH to use 303 after Leatherique if you go that route.

Google Connolly,I haven't bought any for a long time.

·
Registered
1998 E300D
349 Posts
Leatherique dynamic duo

hawaiiannights808 said:
Wow, this Leatherique thing looks really good. Does it really make hard leather soft like it says? And is it as easy to use as it sounds? I think i'll get that combo pack.... you guys use it on the dash, doors, etc, too like it says?

http://www.pakshak.com/leather-care.html

hawaiian, check in with my friend, Ranney, he's in Hononlulu and has all the good stuff :thumbsup:

Enjoy

·
Registered
1998 E300D
349 Posts
hawaiiannights808 said:
Really?!! Awesome! The website I was looking at was going to charge me $40.00 for shipping to Hawaii!!! Is this your friends webpage link? Thanks!!

Ranney is going to charge you $40 to ship to Hawaii from Hawaii :confused:

Here's the direct link: http://www.pakshak.com/

If things look funky, call him. He's a great guy....and guard your wallet ;)

·
Registered
2003 E500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
uberwgn said:
Ranney is going to charge you $40 to ship to Hawaii from Hawaii :confused:

Here's the direct link: Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories

If things look funky, call him. He's a great guy....and guard your wallet ;)
Hahaha, no no, sorry I meant the web site I was looking at previously, not your friends place. I sent an email to your friend. Hope he replies. I want to just pick the products up where ever he is at if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
'89 560sl Triple Black "Baby", '89 VW Wolfsburg Cab Red/Blk Top "Wolfie"
8 Posts
Griot's Leather Care is the Best I've found

From my 20 years here are the best so far:

Good: Mother's Leather Care

Better: Weiman's Leather Care

Best: Griot's Leather Care (Sponge on, use a horsehair brush to brush it in, then polish with 100% soft cotton) Use their leather wipes for quick cleanups but old school is still the best.

Please realize that Armor-all is just a horrible product that actually shortens the life of your interior. and for the plastic areas again Griot's Garage stuff.

Park the car in the garage if possible and in dry shady area if outside.

I swear by Griot's it's what I use on my 560sl and the owner is crazier about cars than I am. :)

And whatever you do DON'T USE ANYTHING WITH ALCOHOL IN IT!!!

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
TripleBlack560sl said:
From my 20 years here are the best so far:

Good: Mother's Leather Care

Better: Weiman's Leather Care

Best: Griot's Leather Care (Sponge on, use a horsehair brush to brush it in, then polish with 100% soft cotton) Use their leather wipes for quick cleanups but old school is still the best.

Please realize that Armor-all is just a horrible product that actually shortens the life of your interior. and for the plastic areas again Griot's Garage stuff.

Park the car in the garage if possible and in dry shady area if outside.

I swear by Griot's it's what I use on my 560sl and the owner is crazier about cars than I am. :)

And whatever you do DON'T USE ANYTHING WITH ALCOHOL IN IT!!!

I have to agree, I am not a fan of any of Armorall products. There is only one product they make that I need to purchase again, its a gel wax which you apply while your car is wet, it actauly surprizingly works well between washes, but it doesnt take the place of a great professional wax. I am a fan of Maguire Products, they seem to work wonders for exterior and interior detailing. I def like Eagle One over Maguire for Rim cleaning, but this is only in my experience. I used Mothers product for the first time last night, clayed the entire car, great job for 17 bucks, but I wonder how long the shine will last.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts