Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading about kleemann tunning for clk's ..man clk 430 0-60 in 4.9 .. thats hella fast, but couldn't understand what Psi and Commpression ratio's are ??<br>
<br>
thanx ppl<br>
<br>
Happy thanksgiving !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What does commpression ratio & Psi mean ?

Compression ratio is talking about the air compression in your internal combustion chamber. 8.5.1 (low for turbo cars) up to 11.1 (high Normally Aspirated)... you can go 12.X as well (very high but you're getting into race / high octane fuel to prevent detination). I *think* it mean on 11.1 = on the compression / upstroke it compresses the air 11X it's normal volume??<br> <br> The more air you can cram into the combustion chamber the more HP - of course, you could blow the top off :)!<br> <br> PSI is talking about the pressure GREATER than normal atmospheric pressure - sometimes referred to BAR (boost). I know this is not accurate but when someone says they are running 1 BAR of boost it is 1 X amosphere (~14 psi??? - I can't remember).<br> <br> HP is 3 things - Air, spark and fuel - the more air the more fuel you are going to need to keep the mixture right and prevent detenation (kaboom!).<br> <br> So that is a VERY rough explanation - one is combustion pressure the other is intake pressure (forced induction).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts