Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 95 Coupe with 23,332 miles. One owner since new and absolutely perfect. It has been driven only 2,000 this century and I am wondering whether I should have a complete mechanical check and also replace all belts and hoses since the car is now almost 15 years old. I intend to start driving it daily in May. Please share your thoughts and thanks.

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Please post pics.

You are going to spend a chunk on suspension rubber and yes, belts hoses etc. I'd have all that done before putting any miles on her.

Nice to see such a low mileage version, but the same lack of usage is going to escalate initial costs.

·
Registered
Mercedes 1986 300E 165,000 miles
110 Posts
A coupe with 23,000 miles....thats is an awesome find! I suggest you start looking at all rubber parts, water/vacuum hoses, bushings...I'm sure things will start popping up when you start driving it. I looks like you recently joined the forum....welcome, you will find this forum to be informative with very good support. Most members are very responsive and quite helpful.

·
Registered
A few...
344 Posts
Congrats - looking forward to some pictures!

Definitely find a reputable independent Mercedes tech & have the car thoroughly checked before any significant miles. If the car has been properly stored, then you might be lucky with the condition of the rubber parts....

Enjoy & welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts