Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
I love your question because it relates to my own consulting business, but it sure isn't an easy one.
My definition is that the "core" work or product gives rise to everything the organization does.

1. MB have always had an expensive saloon and luxury roadster.
2. I think the S and SL, would be the core products, possibly the AMG versions. Just like the 911 is for Porsche.
3. Without the 4 door sedan (E) and trucks, I don't think they would have survived the 50s and 60's.
4. Without the A, C, and M, I don't think they would have survived the 90's. Just like Cayenne saved the 911.
5. Without Chrysler, they wouldn't survive the next 20 years as an independent. How brilliant is it to make Crossfire and Pacifica using previous generation SLK and E components?
6. Which leads me to my real answer; S and SL are the core products, but their wide range of drivetrains and the ability to cross platforms with them are the foundation of MB.

That's my story, right or wrong. [:)]

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
My vote is "mediocre". I just don't beleive their stated agenda is their real one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.