Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am thinking about getting slk55 or sl55 i dunno! confused! i dont like the 600 and 65 coz the front end is to heavy 55 is just nce its a 50 50 weight distribution!

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Drive them both and make up your mind then.

Barring that, each car has positive, and negative points. So take whichever has enough positive aspects for yourself.

The SLK is cheaper.
It is also simpler, less electronics that might go wrong.
It has less power and is slower, but not by much.
The interior has less leather, but strikes a good balance (in my opinion) for looks, use and feel.
The SLK has a more 'extreme' look, but it's no MB flagship car (like the SL is).
It might be a bit more nippy around corners.
Could be cheaper to insure and tax.

etc... etc...

(the new 400hp model is speculated to arrive end of 2006... wait for that if you can, just might blow the socks off an SL55, who knows).

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
get SL55 AMG!

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
400 horse power? what!?? where huh since when? i am lost LOL

i saw e55 wagon today its awesome!!!!! man its fast as hell! my friend's mum got one hehe!!

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Shinigami - 4/1/2005 3:49 PM

Drive them both and make up your mind then.

Barring that, each car has positive, and negative points. So take whichever has enough positive aspects for yourself.

The SLK is cheaper.
It is also simpler, less electronics that might go wrong.
It has less power and is slower, but not by much.
The interior has less leather, but strikes a good balance (in my opinion) for looks, use and feel.
The SLK has a more 'extreme' look, but it's no MB flagship car (like the SL is).
It might be a bit more nippy around corners.
Could be cheaper to insure and tax.

etc... etc...

(the new 400hp model is speculated to arrive end of 2006... wait for that if you can, just might blow the socks off an SL55, who knows).
Do you really think they will make an SLK that will outgun an SL? Sort of shooting themselves in the foot? SL owners might be less than happy.

Good sales pitch: It's slower, twice the price, not as nippy around corners. Might appeal to the roadster buyer who needs more trunk space.

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh.... i see hmm slk seems like a good choice since its new and all that huh! hmmm i wonder lol! anyways

DB9 nah!!! i am waiting for the AMV8 it looks kwel!!

i wont get both sl and slk you crazy! haha money is not the issue more like power wise maybe sl huh i dunno lost right now heh anyways peace!!!

i am leaning to the sl55 more at the moment though! but hey who knows!

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
woooooo... money is not the issue here?

you should really consider the enzo or the paganni. Ford GT's quite nice too. You may have to wait abit for the SLR but i guess a little more money can shorten the waiting time? Of course ferraris may be a little boring but since money is not an issue maybe you should get yourself the 430. Saleen S7 if you're going for raw power and torque. so many choices.... since money is not an issue? wad? SLK55? SL55?

Jon

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
jlangmd - 4/1/2005 7:50 PM
Do you really think they will make an SLK that will outgun an SL? Sort of shooting themselves in the foot? SL owners might be less than happy.
It's just speculation. But the SL is more then just about power. The interior is all leather, you have more gadjets, it's more of a status symbol too.

Plus they've got the new SL coming out in a year or two's time. Perhaps with a 700hp SL69. Once again, just speculation. The current SLK already out beats the older model SL anyway...

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-_- i want something practical LOL my brother is pushing towards DB9.

my dad wants me the continental GT bleh!! LOOL

something i can drive daily and to school! LOL i think slk55 is good and after a year or 2! i get the sl since that is the case !!! whatcha think>

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Jack,

I did not know you had a brother. I thought you only had a sister. Your Dad wants you to get a car that won't break him, sinc his show is going off MTV. [:D]

Anyway good luck on your choice-SL would be nice with bat plates

1 - 16 of 16 Posts