Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 X5 4.4i; 1996 sl 320
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody, I want to know what do you all think about this car... it’s a 1994 SL 320 with 94000 km or 58400 miles. What do you think about the colours?? would you buy it?? follow the link....

Chileautos

·
Registered
2005 SL500, 2011 GL350
427 Posts
Colors are a personal preference, but the metallic red paint and the dark red interior are not outrageous or far out. I would buy a car this color if the condition and price were right. If you are serious about this car, it would be good to have it inspected by an independent Mercedes service/repair shop. If it checks out and the price is right, go for it. Make sure the top works and there are no leaks from the hydraulic system.

·
Registered
1992 500SL, 1988 560SL, 1977 450SL, 1999 E320 4matic
772 Posts
Terrible, Most would agree, but likely many would not want to hurt your feelings here. Okay color combination for an american car I guess.
carltwo

·
Registered
1997 SL600
203 Posts
Yeah, if you are asking for opinions on the color... it reminds me of a mercury Topaz (not good IMO). :eek:

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Max, if you want my honest opinion, the exterior color is great. However I am not to fond of the interior color scheme.
Also, keep in mind 1994 was one of the production years when these cars had disintegrating engine wiring harness issues.

Happy Hunting! :)

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
What a gross color combo... :crybaby2:

It looks like a giant lipstick tube

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, thanks for the comments!!! Anyway today I am going to see another SL 320, white on black interior with similar mileage.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Ok guys, thanks for the comments!!! Anyway today I am going to see another SL 320, white on black interior with similar mileage.... :thumbsup:
Smart move MaxR129: that color combo was a huge kick in the stomach. And with army boots.
More, as already stated, years between 1993 and 1995 have the biodegradable wiring harness that sooner or later (more likely sooner) will need to be replaced and that's big bucks.
I'm not sure about the white on black interior because I've not seen one yet but in my mind the image doesn't look that bad.

If you can post a link of pics taken by you please feel free.

Happy hunting.

Cheers.

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
I would have to agree with NEOKEN on this one!!!! IMHO the ONLY time a Red interior is OK is with a White Car!!!! The thing is, You asked, we're just telling you what we think!!!!

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
this car has the same colors that the one im thinking on buying, remember im looking for a 1997

Chileautos
Now THAT is a nice car :thumbsup: Definitely jump on that one. Very nice looking car.

That other one you posted before was outright hideous...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello!!!

I tested the car, its great to drive but it has some minor details to it. The centre console located between the seats has the button missing. Also the left hand speaker has the fabric loosen up. Can the fabric be changed easily?? Where can I buy the missing button???

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Hello!!!

I tested the car, its great to drive but it has some minor details to it. The centre console located between the seats has the button missing. Also the left hand speaker has the fabric loosen up. Can the fabric be changed easily?? Where can I buy the missing button???
In that car, which looks to be a pre-1995, the speaker grille is actually a plastic mesh, and it's easy to replace. The center console buttons are also easy to change, though it requires removing the console.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts