Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a 06 black G55 with 30k-ish miles with warranty good until Oct. 10, 2010 for $60,400.

What do you guys think? Vehicle is clean.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are getting it through a MB Dealer and the CARFAX is clean ... I would say, "Great deal"
Buying it from a Bently Lambo dealer - car is being inspected today to the Benz dealer though. Why do you say ''if you are getting it through MB Dealer".....I dont see why it would matter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that is a good deal. but 05 & 06 G55 are pretty much the same. ive seen quite a few 05's on ebay with less than 15,000miles with 62k - 64k asking.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True. But wouldnt a 06 have a better resale than an 05. 06 has more time left on the warranty as well.

that is a good deal. but 05 & 06 G55 are pretty much the same. ive seen quite a few 05's on ebay with less than 15,000miles with 62k - 64k asking.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why do you say ''if you are getting it through MB Dealer".....I dont see why it would matter.
Someone who buys a G and loves it ... trades it in for another G.

A MB Dealer that serviced a trade-in, will keep it, and usually Certify it. If it was a problem car, they send it to auction, and it goes to another Dealer.

So, buying from a non-MB Dealer means the previous owner did not want another MB ... or they did, and the MB Dealer did not want that G

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or the they wanted a Range Rover Sport Supercharged and traded it in. The VMI is very clean -very few warranty repairs

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's a good price. I paid a month ago $56,000 for an '06 with 28k but that was a dealer trade in. I'd say get it if you haven't. Black book prices on the G55's are falling much slower than we anticipated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts