Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
That will get absolutely zero bids at that price but I would like to know more about it and who made it. I'll send the seller an email and see if he knows anything about it.

·
Registered
Euro 500SEC 1987
21 Posts
It looks interesting but the price is pretty steep and I do belive that the HP rating is a bit optimistic but this is just what I have been looking for!! Now I just need to find my shutgun and the nearest bank [:D]

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Here is seller's response:

"The Kit was manufactured by RSL Tuning in Germany, no paperwork with kit. It was manufactered over 20 years ago. It is unused and still in original crate."

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL & 1995 E300D
459 Posts
Folks, our W126's are expensive enough to maintain in an OEM configuration without introducing after market applications which would only tend to compound this situation. $4,500 for a supercharger? I think not! I may be way off base here, but isn't the power our 8 cylinder engines enough to satisfy the masses? I find my 560SEL to have far more power than I need and it rivals the 300HP 1999 Cadillac Northstar that it replaced. Admit it, you can buy a 500SEL for less than what the asking price is for the supercharger and I can assure you when you decide to sell the car you will have far more "lookers" if it is original than when you modify it, especially an engine component. My immediate suspicion seeing an ad for a Benz with a supercharger would be "just how hard has this car been driven since the mod." No thanks......I choose to keep mine OEM and so will most of the prospective buyers when it comes time to sell.

Gary

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If this is quality machine work, and I think it is, it's an absolute bargain. Anybody who has had a muscle car, with ported polished heads, blueprinting etc. can tell you 10k is quite common. Personally, I think this is a real find.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Jupiter, there is no supercharger here, just intake manifold and heads. Why don't you buy it Andy, its made for your motor. That U.S. 500 needs to be woken up anyway!

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
There is no way possible for this combination to give you an extra 110 hp in a 500 sel/sl/sec, period! That's a 50% gain. It will take much more than an intake/head change to give you that kind of power. The only way you are going to get that kind of power increase for $4,500 is to push 6 psi of boost into the engine with a suprcharger.

Larger intake and exhaust valves don't mean a thing unless you change your cams, compression, exhaust, displacement, ETC. If you are thinking about this, don't do it.

G

·
0 Posts
Boy, could of swore I just saw the 8 barrel carb set up for that on Ebay just today.

G

·
0 Posts
Nope wrong set up

8 Carburetors w/Linkage off Mercedes Indy Race Car#265A Item number: 4531256237

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Wow, interesting find. Although I think those are velocity stacks with throttle bodies, not carbs. That motor is a pushrod indy motor and not much is Mercedes about it. Obviously a totally custom intake and fuel system. I wonder what people are bidding on them? What will they do with them?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't think you guys really looked at the kit for sale. It not only includes the polished, ported heads, but everything else too including the cams. Wouldn't try it in my SEC, but I may pick up another SEC to experiment on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts