Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of impact (if any) do you think the new CLK will have on resale and over all value of ours ?? ... personally i think it is UGLY and thats not becasue I have a 2000 clk. <br> But thats has nothing to do with anything ...<br> <br> thoughts??

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I think the new clk is nice looking but more sedate. The present one looks like an animal backed up on its hind legs ready to pounce.<br> The new style is too much of a cl clone. The present CLK has classic lines and is for the most part unique looking. I believe it will stay popular well into the new body style's run.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I am not crazy about the look, however, internally it will be better with rack and pinion steering etc. however, it will be more expensive and based on this it will hold up our resale values.<br> <br> Second, I would never by a first year of any car they all make changes for the next year and it will be two years before the AMG version is available I also hear they are going to eventually have a retractable hard top so that could be fun.<br> <br> I bought my '02 with this knowledge and feel It will probably have grown on me enough in two years time that I will be ready for the change.<br> <br> For now I am very happy with what I have.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Whether or not the new CLK becomes a success, MBs in general have good resale values..

While the new CLK has all the new goodies like Orion said rack & pinion (something I've always wanted),etc. it is not something to drool over IMO. The new E class is a different story though. This is something I am definitely considering. Most likely, I'll be selling my E420 and grab this one on it's second year of production ;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
consider me ignorant perhaps but ......

are you saying the curent CLKs do not have rack & pinion ?? what esle is there ??? and what are the differences ...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
The current one has recirculating ball..

Rack & pinion has more driver feel since it is connected directly to the rack that turns the wheel.<br> <br> Here's a nice write up on the differences :

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Not real crazy about the new one...I did see a...

new SL on Sunday. Didn't really strike me like I thought it would. Maybe it was the color (like a gold-ish hue). I'll have to see one up close - pity the poor bastard for what he probably spent to get that car so early.<br> <br> The new CLK - it really doesn't do it for me. I never wanted a MB until I saw the present CLK and it attracted me because it looked somewhat aggressive. The new one doesn't look that way. Jeepers, can I say it almost looks...uh...well....kinda femme? Oh well...I'll decide what I'm gonna do when it's trade up time. With MB cheapening itself with these bargain-priced models, I'll probably go elsewhere in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I agree about the SL.....

In pictures it looks awesome, however I have seen several on the road and in the dealership and I am a little disappointed. The gold ones are just hideous. The silver ones look pretty good, however, the car still looks like a boat to me... especially with the top down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts