Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
now 2003 CL600. And wishing I kept all the ones I sold.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the looks etc? Let me tell you.

Today I was driving eastbound on the Tamiami Trail (one lane each way) across the Everglades in a beautiful Spring day with light traffic.

I would come up on the slower vehicles and I would punch it. The S500 would explode forward and go from 75 to 100 in a nanosecond. I used to fly off a carrier 100 years ago, and it felt the same. Neck snapped back against the headrest... Wow. Passing was fantastic. I could sense the jaws dropping in the faces of the drivers of the cars I passed. Oh, what a day!

That's what I love the most about my car.

What do you love?

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
i like being the slow, smelly old car that people flail their arms and curse at in an attempt to make me go faster.

these days people think that if they blink, honk and ride your back bumper that you *have* to go faster.

driving a 3400 pound 60-something horsepowered automatic car, that is not possible, at all.

that is what i like about the mercedes. the fact that i dont have to go fast or endanger lives by swooping into oncoming lanes of traffic to get where im going.

A

·
0 Posts
Papadelta - 4/3/2005 8:24 PM

Besides the looks etc? Let me tell you.

Today I was driving eastbound on the Tamiami Trail (one lane each way) across the Everglades in a beautiful Spring day with light traffic.

I would come up on the slower vehicles and I would punch it. The S500 would explode forward and go from 75 to 100 in a nanosecond. I used to fly off a carrier 100 years ago, and it felt the same. Neck snapped back against the headrest... Wow. Passing was fantastic. I could sense the jaws dropping in the faces of the drivers of the cars I passed. Oh, what a day!

That's what I love the most about my car.

What do you love?
HA HA HAAAAAA HA HA HAAAA!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

THATS EXACTLY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
iNeon - 4/3/2005 6:31 PM

i like being the slow, smelly old car that people flail their arms and curse at in an attempt to make me go faster.

these days people think that if they blink, honk and ride your back bumper that you *have* to go faster.

driving a 3400 pound 60-something horsepowered automatic car, that is not possible, at all.

that is what i like about the mercedes. the fact that i dont have to go fast or endanger lives by swooping into oncoming lanes of traffic to get where im going.
...if they annoy you further, floor the pedal and they'll disappear from your rearview mirror... in a cloud of BLACK SMOKE

And when they roar past you in a fit of rage, shouting and cursing... it becomes priceless [:D]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
mainly the speed yea... oh and the stares that i get when older people driving worse cars stare at me ( 16 year old who likes like im 13 ) is driving a benz [:D][8D]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
iNeon - 4/3/2005 9:31 PM

driving a 3400 pound 60-something horsepowered automatic car...
65 hp, but who’s counting? [|)]

…that I don’t have to take it to the dealer and be treated like a bag of dirt, pay a ton of money, and not have the problem fixed. [xx(]

(I guess that would be for the ‘What do I like the most about my older MB?� thread… [:I])

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
manual transmission is bananas. i love driving my car. it is the first car ive owned as well as the first car with a manual ive owned. i have had 4 trucks before this car. people also give me that crazy stare when they look at my car. i am only 21.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
15 Posts
Red hair flying, wearing white shadow mink, dark diva glasses reflecting the water-wet polish of my Benz; cruisin' the Ocean Drive Leaves the men behind with whiplash from straining to look .... who said DIAMONDS are a girls best friend ![8D]

p.s. to karugs - LOVE your LEGO benz - very cool

·
Registered
99 E 320
753 Posts
Picking up a random lady at a bar and then taking her to my car, to go on to the next place. Then, when they see my car, the next place suddenly turns into their place.[}:)]

·
Registered
99 E 320
753 Posts
Picking up a random lady at a bar and then taking her to my car, to go on to the next place. Then, when they see my car, the next place suddenly turns into their place.[}:)]

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
my v12, Sabastian, is a dream to drive. i spend plenty of time washing him by hand, dressing the tires, cleaning all of the reachable items under the hood, applying the wax and then......slipping down the hiway as only this car can do. listening to the music which i'm in the mood for whether mozart or pink floyd, letting the bose do their thing. luxuriating in the leather seats, admiring the dark, rich burled walnut and seude headliner which surround me; not to mention the star, mmmm. life is good! [8D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts