Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 W211/2000 W220
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i opened up the lining on the trunk and i have to find the faulty air hose or whatever you guys are talking about to get my trunk working again..i dont know where to look for it can someone please point it outtttt!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 S500 Designo
825 Posts
Unless you plan on some intensive research, it's best on just taking it to a shop and letting them figure it out.

I have taken my lock assembly out and apart a few times and found the culprit of the air leak. I also found out said plastic "air bladder" was about $400. I can live without a trunk that closes itself for $400.

You can take the pieces out and look/test for leaks but there's no way that I know of to definitively test the system unless you have a computer that can trick the car and tell it to run the vacuum pump on command. Also – the leak causing your trunk issues may be coming from somewhere else in the soft close system.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2006 W211/2000 W220
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im so screwed -_- i thought this was a DIY lmao i just ended up putting it back together..guess ill have to visit the shop soon..

and @camerman123, its not the fact that it doesnt have the soft close,, i couldnt care less about that, its that it doesnt open unless i used the key to turn the lock manually..its a pretty big piss off after a while

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
The white box in the picture is where the leak normally happens and we simply reseal the unit with bonding materials.

·
Registered
'89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
562 Posts
damn...they are still using this vaccum thingy....i replaced mine on w126 and they were pita to get to and put. Doors and ac system works on these vaccum pods in w126 and looks like tradition is going with w220 as well. I should not complain though as they lasted almost 20 years before giving up.

·
52,804 Posts
sooo what do i do with that white thing? just seal it right in the middle where the clip/attachment points are? any instructions?
Around the center where the two halves join.

·
52,804 Posts
any specific substance i should seal it with? (super glue the middle then wrap it with extra heavy duty tape?)
Apoxy type of resin works best, I do not know what is available in your location.

·
Registered
S500 year 2000
11 Posts
Hi team,
Last I closed my trunk in s500 year 2000 I heard hissing sound.
Now the trunk doesn't opens....at all.
Not with keys
Not with remote key
Not from the switch on the driver side door...
Can someone help me to see how can I open the door?
Appreciate your time and help
Singh
Las Vegas .

·
Registered
S500 year 2000
11 Posts
Trunk won't open with remote or actual key or with switch on driver side panel ...

:confused:
Hi team,
Last I closed my trunk in s500 year 2000 I heard hissing sound.
Now the trunk doesn't opens....at all.
Not with keys
Not with remote key
Not from the switch on the driver side door...
Can someone help me to see how can I open the door?
Appreciate your time and help
Singh
Las Vegas .

·
Registered
'03 S430 4matic; '00 S430; '98 ML320
40 Posts
Is the part removed, separated, glued, pressed together, replaced? Or removed and epoxy just smeared over center joint? Thanks-

·
52,804 Posts
Is the part removed, separated, glued, pressed together, replaced? Or removed and epoxy just smeared over center joint? Thanks-
Usually works, if not replace it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts