Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized that when the jerks I paid to install my front speakers didn't know how to get vents out, they broke the tabs and then glue the vents back with plastic epoxy.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Figured out what the stupid squeaking noise in the console is. It's the shifter piece that's not staying down. I'll have to figure out a way to either screw it in or use velcro to hold it down and keep it from moving around.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Figured out what the stupid squeaking noise in the console is. It's the shifter piece that's not staying down. I'll have to figure out a way to either screw it in or use velcro to hold it down and keep it from moving around.
I can send you the original plastic tab that is stapled on or do you have the black switch panel around the shifter instead of wood?

By the way no charge for the part. I get them all the time. I just can stand when i find ones people ruined by putting a giant wood screw through.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I can send you the original plastic tab that is stapled on or do you have the black switch panel around the shifter instead of wood?

By the way no charge for the part. I get them all the time. I just can stand when i find ones people ruined by putting a giant wood screw through.
yeah the MB dealer did that to mine sometime back in the 80's... my grandmother was not amused

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
yeah the MB dealer did that to mine sometime back in the 80's... my grandmother was not amused
Ouch!......yeah sometimes they do things that would get them shot in other places......

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

The plastic tab on the wood shifter piece is there just like it left the factory. It's the front part right where it has the ridges on the underside directly under the ash tray that won't stay down. That's where I'm thinking about sticking in some velcro to keep it down.

But thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Window switches again
Must of told the old lady and her kids 100 times no drinks in the car so 2 years later there bad again

Oh well I need to replace the wood its coming apart and it will not start in park time for some bushings

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cooler hose leaking.... drops of MB blood under my car... :(
I hope Super Rock Star Messiah DR. DieselKraut comes to the rescue soon. :)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Window switches again
Must of told the old lady and her kids 100 times no drinks in the car so 2 years later there bad again

Oh well I need to replace the wood its coming apart and it will not start in park time for some bushings
Tell me about it. I almost had a cappuccino land on my lap while driving on Saturday. Good thing the damn container was empty!

Have you ruled out the neutral safety switch?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to install a car seat security latch in top of the vacuum reservoir at th side or the right rear speaker. There is metal structure there and a convenient hole to drill a in the back board and install a huge bolt with huge washers. I guess that hole in the backboard is now the ugliest thing I have done to my W123.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I have looked, and have seen nothing so far, but I heard the rather frightening noise of something falling off on the outside. Twice...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have looked, and have seen nothing so far, but I heard the rather frightening noise of something falling off on the outside. Twice...
The other day I though my car was makin a rather scary high pitched noise... It was an *old hybrid falling apart riding on my side! Man, those cars are a joke!

*maybe 5yrs old??

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too have a broken center wood console that won't stay put. The bottom tab is broken off since before I bought the car. I also have a broken passenger side a/c vent. :-(

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
The other day I though my car was makin a rather scary high pitched noise... It was an *old hybrid falling apart riding on my side! Man, those cars are a joke!

*maybe 5yrs old??
I've found a cure!

Turn the radio up!:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Driving this afternoon, the electric central locking unlocked for no appearant reason. Then it locked again. Prob an earthing problem somewhere.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Driving this afternoon, the electric central locking unlocked for no appearant reason. Then it locked again. Prob an earthing problem somewhere.
If the central locking system is original to the car it's vacuum operated not electrically. Unless the locks were converted to electric, it sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My radio's sound quit a few weeks ago. The display turns on okay, but no sound -- no light either. Hopefully just the connector came off, but I don't know how - those are in super-tight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If the central locking system is original to the car it's vacuum operated not electrically. Unless the locks were converted to electric, it sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.
I converted the locks to electric last year. I don't think any of the vacuum operated comfort features acctully worked at that stage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts