Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

4321 - 4327 of 4327 Posts

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
The car looks great! By chance are there any "before" shots? Most importantly, are you pleased with the outcome and money spent to achieve it?

Jayare

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately not really any before shots that could a direct comparison (same angles, same lighting conditions) but trust me, it's a great improvement, especially the hood which had marks from what looked like sap and such. My garage link in my sig is the probably the closest comparison available.

Very pleased and considering it's 1/10th the cost of a respray, happy with the cost as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I took apart the antenna motor to clean it and remove the "chord" form the mast that broke and then reinstalled the motor and replaced the mast.
I also fixed my radio which was not working since I had the car out this year. Turns out it was just the purple 3A fuse in the back of the unit.
Then I fixed the wood face plate that was surrounding the ashtray. It was lose from the plastic piece behind it so i removed it then pressed in the staples that came out.
Finally replaced the small map/reading light from the upper dome light. I don't think this light has ever worked since I bought the car in 2009!

Anyways it was just small stuff but it goes a long way in the light restoration I've been doing on my 91 300E

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yesterday I painted the shift knob of my 300e, since it is a 5spd manual, I think it would look nice if i painted the number on top of the knob with silver paint, anyway here is the result (But I think it would be nicer if I painted it brown/wood?) :

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yesterday I painted the shift knob of my 300e, since it is a 5spd manual, I think it would look nice if i painted the number on top of the knob with silver paint, anyway here is the result (But I think it would be nicer if I painted it brown/wood?) :
IMO, marking the numbers and the lines with black will look great with the silver background.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4321 - 4327 of 4327 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
573 Participants
speed9644
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing