Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

4261 - 4280 of 4329 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,986 Posts
Thanks!

These are supposedly UV protected and I ordered them with permanent sticky, so hopefully they do last. I'm mostly just glad I now have digital files for all of them. Must not lose those!

Good luck with yours!
Even if they start to wrinkle like my coolant sticker, you can just peel and stick a new one. Fantastic.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Fixed the rear screen washers on my wagon.
Burst hose which goes through the rubber elbow to the hatch right side with wiring and a vacuum pipe for the lock. What a pita.
I had to fill (almost) the rubber elbow from both sides with Steve's favourite snake oil (wd40) in order to pull through a new section of hose attatched to the old split one.
Hope I never need to do the rear struts.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Finally got my om606 td fired up in my 124te.
Had issues with a broken starter shaft, in air in the diesel and an open circuit crank sensor.
Running now sweet but I can only drive forward and reverse short distances in my driveway but good enough meantime to prove the 722.6

Got a build thread? :)

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Burst hose which goes through the rubber elbow to the hatch right side with wiring and a vacuum pipe for the lock. What a pita.
I had to fill (almost) the rubber elbow from both sides with Steve's favourite snake oil (wd40) in order to pull through a new section of hose attatched to the old split one.
Well, not to sound like Debby Downer, but the hatch struts are a PITA too. However, some really good tutorials out there with some shortcuts. Stuff that ya think of after you do the deed that could have made it easier/shorter.

Kevin

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,986 Posts
For what it's worth, I did the hatch struts on my Dad's '91 TE. I didn't think it was that bad. Be sure to get MB parts, though. You don't necessarily want to be doing it over again.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
I've been doing restoration work on the radiator support, which required the removal of the factory applied information stickers. The emissions stickers are NLA from MB (and believe me, I tried!), so I had to have some made. I think I must have spent 40 hours in PhotoShop putting them back together and then had them printed on vinyl. I am not sure what happened, but the black ones didn't get cut in the right spots (maybe I goofed with the online template?), but turned out fantastic otherwise. The other one is, aside from not being printed on the silver foil, is quite perfect. I am very pleased with the results. I was able to find the other stickers on eBay from Germany. I scanned those before install in case I ever need to have them printed.

As a side note, Mercedes Classic Center told me that the stickers are no longer printed because Mercedes was sued over emissions falsification and forced to never print them again. I'm not convinced that is really the reason, just relaying what I was told.
That's just friggin' amazing, bravo!!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
For what it's worth, I did the hatch struts on my Dad's '91 TE. I didn't think it was that bad. Be sure to get MB parts, though. You don't necessarily want to be doing it over again.
It's really only a PITA the first time in....that's why I suggested reading a tutorial or you're most likely doing stuff you don't have to. It's very analogous to replacing your blower motor/regulator the first time.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
i topped off all the fluids and ran her for 15 minutes. I cant wait for spring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently...

- Replaced spark plugs with Bosch F8DC4
- Replaced all fuses with Ceramic Copper/Brass alloy fuses
- Replaced Horns, Turn-Signal Relay (from low-quality aftermarket to Genuine MB)
- Replaced Brake Signal Bulbs (Sylvania 7506)

·
Registered
926 Posts
limp mode, ASR light, high voltage

The 95 TE wagon seems to know its going up for sale. A few seconds after start the ASR light came on along with the unwelcome limp mode. Harness and throttle body have been previously addressed. Started with the basics, didn't have to go far. Twirled the fuses, no joy. Checked system running voltage, found 16.1, rather high. Replaced voltage regulator with a used unit and all was back to normal levels (around 14 volts). ASR light off, normal running, happy owner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tore into the driver's side rear window on my 300CE to find out why the window would only raise about half way. Looks like at least one of the nylon sliders is worn out. Now looking to see if the nylon sliders are available or if I will half to replace the whole window track assembly. Good news is that I was able to get the window up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
My maintenance last 30 days:
-new fuses
-new center vent
-CCU from Programa
-replaced shifter wood trim
-replaced shifter knob
-added 3rd sun visor
-sealed washer fluid bottle with marine weld
-diesel purge
-new fuel filter and pre-filter
-new driver's side door actuator
-new driver's side window nylon slider
-fixed cigar lighter (sort of)
-new PS filter
-new monovalve
-replaced ABS relays
-new front doors wood
-ozone treatment
-oil change + Ceratec + Mann filter

To do: AC and transmission, then speakers...

Tore into the driver's side rear window on my 300CE to find out why the window would only raise about half way. Looks like at least one of the nylon sliders is worn out. Now looking to see if the nylon sliders are available or if I will half to replace the whole window track assembly. Good news is that I was able to get the window up.

eBay $5 for a set of 4

·
Registered
160 Posts
Replaced my trunk struts! Can someone tell me what they are actually called? I've heard every term under the sun for the gas struts made by Stabilus that hold the trunk open. What is the officially-blessed 124 forum term?

Is there any value to the old ones? Can they be rebuilt or otherwise used by anyone?

Headlight switch + outside temperature LCD display replacement are next.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
ran it for fifteen minutes
cant wait for spring

·
Registered
10 Posts
SWMBO got rear-ended in my 95 E420 a little over a year ago. I argued with the insurance company for days about refusing to accept writing the car off and be left with a salvage title. Putting 150k miles on a car in 20 years makes for some attachments. I have done all the steps of grief two or three times now. My mechanic is picking it up this weekend. I am going to miss it lots.

·
Registered
96 Posts
PS FLUSH! Check out this nasty filter. Yuck! When did Mann start manufacturing in Spain? Cuz the filter I pulled out was NOT made there. 😳. Power steering thanked me when I was through.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Replaced ignition wires, changed oil, took it out for a couple of brief runs, then gave it a bath. Checked all of the lights last night, and found that I need to replace several.

Next projects: Replace bulbs as needed, look for replacement front seats or covers and padding (grey leather). Also looking for replacement dash/console wood.

4261 - 4280 of 4329 Posts