Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 4325 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Not a particularly good week:

1. :| Picked up the Sportlines from the repair shop:

I wasn't too happy with their work this time around, given their earlier track record working on my wheels, so I got them to take 25 percent off of the bill after the dude explained just in how bad a shape they were in the first place.

2. :frown Scratched the paintwork in several spots around the trunk area, trying to load the Trek Pure I just sold to have the dealer ship it over to the guy who took it off my hands in Khobar, which made a believer in the true value of bicycle racks and station wagons out of me.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I installed a new glycerin filled 1.5" boost gauge to replace the old non filled gauge which slowly self destructed from the constant pressure pulses coming from the manifold. Even tho its not lit it seem to glow in the dark so I can still read it at night.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Received center console shifter wood back from Igor in San Diego for the Sportline coupe I'm sorting. Installed and looking good!

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
^^^ Looks perfect. How does Igor's work compare with Madera Concepts? I'd like to have my wood panels refinished and curious where to go.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Replaced the shredded drive belt on the TE. Can't find any record of replacing it in the last 10 years. Out of sight/out of mind doesn't work here. Luckily it took its last dump in the driveway and not on the road. Lots of strands wrapped around everything. The whole engine compartment was "fuzzy" from the fraying parts. Nothing seized, all pulleys rotated fine (energized the air pump and AC compressor to be sure). Believe it just died from old age. Will take a closer look at the others.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
^^^ Looks perfect. How does Igor's work compare with Madera Concepts? I'd like to have my wood panels refinished and curious where to go.
Igor's work is very good. His price is about 1/3 of Madera. 2-3 week turnaround.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
After too many hours of prep and sanding (by me) I witnessed one of the best painters on the planet paint the bumpers for the E320 sportline coupe I'm sorting. Watching a master of their art perform flawlessly was worth all the prep. Brandon Knowles is the owner of Brand-X-Customs | Pacific Northwest Custom Automotiv and has been a friend for 15 yrs. Learned his craft from his dad. His work has been published and praised in many car/truck/hotrod magazines. Will picture up the installed bumpers in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Fixed the driver's side power seat on the E320. The right rear mechanism was stuck midway up. If I lower it, the left side goes down and the seat back tilts.

I didn't have to remove the seat to get access to the motor with the worm gear inside. Just moved the seat all the way forward. The hard part was getting the plastic cover off without breaking it. I had to use an L shape screw driver to unhook the tab.

I had to pull the square cable then reminder the worm gear. It works now. Finally I can lower the seat all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
After a recent head gasket replacement I had a funky idle condition so I decided to inspect my spark plugs. Found oil in the intake from over filling, and the MAF and Temp sensor were covered with oil. Used the CRC MAF cleaner on both parts and now my idle is back to normal. Drained the excess oil (my bad, I added oil because it used to leak, but the leak is fixed and I didn't stop adding oil hahah).

One spark plug was wet and it was on the only coil that hasn't been replaced yet so that's on order. Trying to get my MPGs up where they should be. Trans also had some minor flaring on shifting that has greatly improved after MAF and temp sensor cleaning but is not completely gone, so I'm hoping the new coil gets me there. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has your 02 sensor been replaced in the last 60k miles,that will effect mpg.
I dont think changing any engine parts will help your gearbox,you have
a separate problem there

3721 - 3740 of 4325 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
572 Participants
DBenz320
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing