Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 4325 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Low fuel light came on at 710 miles. I suppose I should do something about it.
May I suggest a larger tank to keep that pesky light form coming on....?? :grin :grin

Might want to keep an eye on your neighbors too. I remember the story about a guy that bought a new VW beetle and bragged about the great gas mileage he was getting. His neighbors were putting a little gas in it every night for months before he got wise to it. :devil

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
May I suggest a larger tank to keep that pesky light form coming on....?? :grin :grin
I found a 23gal tank at the jy a few months ago, unfortunately those blowhards put a hole in it. Still stuck with the stock 19.x gal tank :frown
Might want to keep an eye on your neighbors too. I remember the story about a guy that bought a new VW beetle and bragged about the great gas mileage he was getting. His neighbors were putting a little gas in it every night for months before he got wise to it. :devil
That would be nice. With neighbors like that, who needs friends?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Checked for rattling sound earlier underneath my 300e. Found out it was the top cover of my catalytic convertor. Did a temporary fix of putting a thick dynamat type of tape around the cover not on the cat itself. It seems to have done the job and fix the rattling. Will have to schedule re-welding of top cover of catalytic convertor at the muffler shop by next week.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
You are lucky to have survived that incident. I'll bet that sounded like an explosion in the cabin.

These MB products are deceptive in that they feel safe under any and all circumstances. Over confidence will get you killed. Been there, ALMOST done that. I'm down to maybe 5 of my 9 lives left! How about you, Shady? It sounds like you just used one up on that incident. How is your cholesterol, BTW? :devil

The way you drive, it might be a good idea to get a fire extinguisher system and roll cage built into that vehicle, along with Nomex suits, 5 point harnesses, and full face helmets for you and your passengers.
"You aren't driving fast, till your passengers are screaming." "We were having fun till someone got hurt."
Cholesterol? What's that?

I'm no badass, but I do have a huge death wish, upon which I acted - and almost succeeded - a couple of decades ago. Try as I might, I just can't seem to use up those lives... :(

The short drive between the border and Tabuk was fairly smooth. The said bumps were in or near some towns along Jordan's route 15 between Ma'an and Amman. The cop in the back seat had his head smashed into the ceiling a couple of times, but he wasn't too vocal about it; he probably thought I'd kick his ass out if he said anything.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Today i removed the dome lamp to change the bulbs,also done some cleaning on it but i found that one pin of the light swich looks like its burned what may couse that ? :frown however, the switch works :confused: .

here's an image:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

one more thing , im thinking of replacing the regular bulbs to LED bulbs, is the later better than the first ? does the LED last longer than the regular bulbs ?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Was at a street crossing for the local church and was run by Ga state patrol. Trooper waved me forward, told me I had a funny looking radiator on the front of my car, smiled, gave a thumbs up and waved me through before any of the other lanes :)

·
Premium Member
6,704 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
So I just did the OVP relay!
Was pretty simple diy but ofcourse i dropped the screw behind the battery, sigh... :D had to remove battery lol but it all worked out!

Turns out it was already swapped in 2010, guess I'll keep it spare;) same product number but the 15 fuse seemed different and the pins are of diff material. Below some pictures :)

First time using my new worklight in the dark
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414527203.948088.jpg

Battery disconnected and cover removed. OVP is visible on the right.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414527254.077524.jpg

Old ovp left new one on the right. Must have already been replaced in 2010/11
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414527321.888623.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414527372.241968.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414527404.401596.jpg

Car drives very nicely!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
So I just did the OVP relay!
Was pretty simple diy but ofcourse i dropped the screw behind the battery, sigh... :D had to remove battery lol but it all worked out!

Turns out it was already swapped in 2010, guess I'll keep it spare;) same product number but the 15 fuse seemed different and the pins are of diff material. Below some pictures :)

First time using my new worklight in the dark

Photos

Battery disconnected and cover removed. OVP is visible on the right.

Old ovp left new one on the right. Must have already been replaced in 2010/1

Photos...

Car drives very nicely!
Did you notice any improvements once you changed the OVP ?

BTW, im sure your W124 is in good hands :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Michelin Energy Savers / X Green are excellent tires. I have them. The only tire I would prefer are a Pirelli P5 or better.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Woah those hubcaps, what a difference before and after! Well done :)
Yeah, much difference !!!

Thanks bro :wink:

Michelin Energy Savers / X Green are excellent tires. I have them. The only tire I would prefer are a Pirelli P5 or better.
Yeah, I will stick with Michelin's next time :D

Yes I remember that Pirelli P5 had pretty much good review on the internet, but they didn't have them, I think that are not available in israel, because I did a search before didnt find anything.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welp, the local dealership was kind enough to sell me the wrong battery. Gave me the V8 battery instead of the diesel, so it's only got 760 CCA instead of 850, though it's got the right number of amp-hours. Probably doesn't matter since it doesn't get cold here and I don't drive the car in the winter, but jesus christ. Debating whether I want to make the trek back over to the west side and argue with them.

[/rant]

Also, W124 door locks behave very strangely with no battery in the system.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Get the right battery. A diesel is very tough on a battery and needs all the amps your battery can muster. The higher amp battery will also yield longer service life.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just got off the phone with the dealership. Their parts system now shows 005 541 25 01 (850 Ah correction: CCA) supersedes to 000 982 33 08 (760 Ah correction: CCA). If that's correct, only the lower CCA spec batteries are now available from MB themselves.

Sadly, we don't have Pep Boys here, or I'd get the nice Bosch group 49 everyone raves about.

Off to make some phone calls and see if I can find a decent battery that doesn't look horrible. I know it's dumb, but I show this car from time to time, and I'm not super interested in having some obnoxious lime green piece of shit from Autozone hanging out in the engine bay. Why every battery manufacturer seems to think they need to emblazon their batteries like they're energy drinks is beyond me.

EDIT: Used Ah in my specs above when I meant CCA, like some kind of animal.

2761 - 2780 of 4325 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
572 Participants
DBenz320
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing