Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4325 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we got the W123 thread, I figured I'd make a W124 One. :)

Anyways, I'll start first. I washed it after my W123, took it out for a ride to test the Turbo on route one, I raced an Eclipse (NOT A Fair race, that's the kids fault for challenging me!), Did a 0-60 Test 6 Seconds, Tested top Speed did over 149 MPH (The car is SICK now with the turbo!), It's got 360 HP. :cool:

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Where were you able to do 149MPH responsibly?
All I did today was drive it without spending repair money (LOL)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where were you able to do 149MPH responsibly?
All I did today was drive it without spending repair money (LOL)
Yes, the Turbo cost money, but I did the work myself I'm a mechanic so I'm lucky with labor. ;-). And, to answer your question I did it on Route one with very little traffic.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I got the new lower arm because the joint on my 3-month old one gave up. I'm not going to spend $300x4 every year in arms so I got the old model arm with changeable joint, changed the joint, put in new rubber bushings and tomorrow it goes in.. :)

oh and it got new brake pads today... ATE original ;)

·
Banned
7,361 Posts
I got the old model arm with changeable joint, changed the joint, put in new rubber bushings and tomorrow it goes in.. :)
Glad your not driving around the US.

The lower control arms for all 124.034's have non-replacable ball joints.

Your installing a 300E lower arm which is not meant for your car.
Early 500E's used the 3007/3107 arm but MB went to the 3407/3507 arms later.
You don't have an early 124.036, do you??

For someone who argued about a superceeded EZL on a 500 SEL W140
your really out there on this one, and over saving a few euro's.

Any way back to the topic, tomorrow I'm installing Goodrige braided steel brake lines and ATE blue fluid.

Repacking the front wheel bearing as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I let my wife drive my 500E today; I swaped for her Audi Avant to pick up a stove after work. I expect she will complain about the Power Steering not working very well....

·
Banned
7,361 Posts
I let my wife drive my 500E today; I swaped for her Audi Avant to pick up a stove after work. I expect she will complain about the Power Steering not working very well....
Lets see, making me drive a 500E with no p/s in Hawaii........

I don't think I would complain.:)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I fixed my blower motor today, doubled checked the outside fuse and changed one in box. Also ran hot wire to motor just to make sure the motor or blower resistor weren't
dead. Probably just a little corroision.
Now its blowing again like it should, thanks again JR

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Lessee
95 Silver Cab: new sl grill, Aero 1 17" Monoblocks (NEED fenders rolled, just going from 17x7.5 to 17x8 and I rub all around w the same 225/45 Mich Pilots and et35)

drove my first turbo diesel,

95 green e320, got the same new grill

·
Registered
511 Posts
Installed Hella Euro headlights several days ago. Also installed euro vaccum headlight adjusters and routed all the necessary vaccum lines.

Today, adjusted headlight levels, replaced bulbs in headlight switch and switch trim, emissions test and renewed tabs

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pumped full tank of fuel put in some fuel additive and did an italian tune up for 1 1/2 hour in the highway untill i have 3/4 of fuel left (Drove 62 miles) :D and some ricer kid challenged me with his Honda Prelude, i beat that rice box effortlessly....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drove it, and my coworker left a sticky note on it that stated that it was eyeing her Prius's bumper. Oh yeah and I put more oil in it and kind of cleaned it out.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I reset the 'check engine' light...again.

A small price to pay in order to not have the delayed upshift rubbish when 'cold'.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Headed out to see if our local "DC Motor and Alternator Troll" has made finished installing new brushes in a salvage blower motor for my 94 Coupe.

I really shouldn't kid, as the guy is a true gem. He did a couple Porsche alternators for me couple years ago and saved me a bundle....new bushings, brushes and a nice OE paint finish on the cases for something like $50 dollars each. That said, it is hoot to visit his shop...he usually comes of the back wearing about three layers of shirts, a forehead mounted monocle and worn fingerless leather gloves.

Not sure whether he best fits Dickens or Ray Bradbury, but he is worthy to be a part of some great book. Generators, motors and alternators are his life and each of of them is alive to him. He really likes German ones..."big and beefy" he generally opines.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since we got the W123 thread, I figured I'd make a W124 One. :)

Anyways, I'll start first. I washed it after my W123, took it out for a ride to test the Turbo on route one, I raced an Eclipse (NOT A Fair race, that's the kids fault for challenging me!), Did a 0-60 Test 6 Seconds, Tested top Speed did over 149 MPH (The car is SICK now with the turbo!), It's got 360 HP. :cool:
Regretted selling it 2005

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Any way back to the topic, tomorrow I'm installing Goodrige braided steel brake lines and ATE blue fluid.

I've been thinking about this upgrade for a long time. Tell us if there will be any difference.

Yesterday I had the interior in my 250D cleaned. Today it was drying all day. I washed it, cleaned it and repaired the "wiper-switch".

I changed the seals under the washer fluid pumps and greased the wiper "piston" on my 300E.

1 - 20 of 4325 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
572 Participants
DBenz320
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing