Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

6841 - 6860 of 6934 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
It is the last week of winter and with the Temp above 60 deg today off came the top and took a drive with the dog in the back. We stopped at John Wayne Marina to walk the dog who was happy to have the wind in his hair.
My Dad used to live up in Sequim...Bell Hill. Such beautiful area. From his deck you could see the lights of Victoria or the snow-capped peaks of the Olympic National Forest. Miss visiting up there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
While replacing many worn out parts on my new to me 1992 300sl - new brakes and rotors, new shocks, struts, front wheel bearings and more. Amazing to find all the broken plastic pieces after 27 years, and some things are a surprise. I wondered why my right front wheel hit the fender liner on bumps in turns - besides the strut was shot the bump stop was missing on that side. How does that happen? Lots of deferred maintenance, but motor and trans are strong at 84k and going thru bit by bit fixing, replacing things that have to get done to enjoy this ride! New motor mounts, trans mount, flex discs also made a huge difference, did those last week.

Did the new flex disc make any difference in the transmission shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
not 100% sure, but it looks like something similar on my car. Is there a little hole in the underside of that black pipe to the right of the little white pipe youre highlighting? Cant remember what its for, air flow maybe?

attached image of what im talking about...

Ah yes figured it out. Should be plugged into the breather hose though it’s hard and brittle so replacing it. Though would be interested to know what the yellow hose does. Believe it’s vacuum and wonder if it’s contributing to my rough idle ever now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Earlier last week!

Had to modify the connectors for the AMG fog lights to fit my 500, and also re insulate the wiring of the headlights due to Rats!!!! Thank god I picked up on that, I would have had fire!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Last year, I prepped and epoxy sealed my "long lost love" Carlsson wheels and took them to the body shop to have them re-finished. Long story short, shop kind screwed them up a little by chipping some of the epoxy primer... So I picked them up, frustrated a bit, just put them back in the shed until the spring.

Well, spring is here!!! Finished all the chips and imperfections (again), primered (again). Screw it, doing all the work myself this time...

20190406_124351 by Duh_Vinci, on Flickr

Going to let them cure for a week, and if all goes well, I will have enough time next weekend to put the color and clear.

Regards,
D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I replaced the antenna seal. The old one was nasty and cracking apart. It was also missing the cover that goes on top of it.
I bought both, and I put them in myself. Videos made it look easy, but I had the CD changer in the way. I tried my best to get the seal in from the top, but it was near impossible... Even getting it in from underneath was not straightforward.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Done...

Tried out for the first time Mini-Jet by Warwick for those tight areas and indentations of the wheel design, perfect little gun for that... Sata for the color and the clear

20190421_192223 by Duh_Vinci, on Flickr

20190421_193302 by Duh_Vinci, on Flickr

20190421_193112 by Duh_Vinci, on Flickr

Wet sanding and buffing and polishing tomorrow.

Regards,
D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Installed the final piece of Carlsson, got a used (but great condition) knob.

Now to re-doing all the wood into carbon fiber (as time permits), I have all the spare pieces of interior wood trim, so no factory units will be "harmed"

Regards,
D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took advantage of spring break and attacked a few niggling issues:

1. Got the remote trunk release to work by lightly shimming the hasp

2. Replaced the console armrest slide button and

3. Replaced the lid lifter on the console

4. Replaced the overhead light switch (door open/off/on)

This forum was FANTASTIC for researching all the projects and parts needed. What the hell did we do before the internet??? (I know, paid the stealer for this stuff).

The only issues I had were with how to separate all the plastic parts. I was very lucky (and I have a light touch and nylon prying instruments) to not break ANY tabs or housings, but I was the only difficulty I encountered. Less than $150 in parts and now EVERYTHING that I know of on the car works as designed (I know I just cursed myself).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Replaced the seat module with one from Ebay

We have street flooding many months ago and I got just enough water in the car that the two seat modules quit working. Dried them out and all but fried they were. Bought one on ebay, took about 15 minutes to change out. Works like a charme. I now can reposition the seat like new. Now just ordered another one from ebay. Hope it is solid like the last one. Cheers

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Drove across town with the top down to our local German Restaurant's MaibockFest (celebration of summer?)

One of the acquaintances I met there was the manager of Daimler's Fuel Cell center - where they modify them and test them - it was here for many years before they moved it to LA.

And before that he worked for Daimler in Stuttgart - and was on the design team for the R129! Knew Bruno Sacco.

Look at that "Pretzel" some people next to us ordered...(reminds me of the Paul Hogan routine of "That's not a knife....this is a knife!...")

Attachments

6841 - 6860 of 6934 Posts
About this Discussion
6.9K Replies
503 Participants
BAHRAINI AMG
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing