Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

6821 - 6840 of 6933 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes thank you, do these guys brand the braces AMG like the picture posted by our dear member above.?
I also have these braces on both cars, while Wiechers do sell then directly and ship world wide, best prices were from Wiechers MB SL R129 Domstrebe Stahl VA Audi Tuning, BMW Tuning, VW Tuning, Opel Tuning, Mercedes Tuning, Mini Tuning and that is where I got both of mine from. Consider sending them an email and ask for a "special" pricing shipped to your destination as a members of R129 forum, the may still offer discount as they did in years past... details here https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r129/533753-wiechers-r129-strut-brace.html#post5968071

Regards,
D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also have these braces on both cars, while Wiechers do sell then directly and ship world wide, best prices were from Wiechers MB SL R129 Domstrebe Stahl VA Audi Tuning, BMW Tuning, VW Tuning, Opel Tuning, Mercedes Tuning, Mini Tuning and that is where I got both of mine from. Consider sending them an email and ask for a "special" pricing shipped to your destination as a members of R129 forum, the may still offer discount as they did in years past... details here https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r129/533753-wiechers-r129-strut-brace.html#post5968071

Regards,
D
Thank you sir,
Sent them an email, let's hope for a positive response.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Clicked the trip reset and the odometer stopped working. Replacing my 15 tooth so my she works again, rather than peeling off the speedo label and touching the needle a litttle modification to a small screw driver with some heat on it will help a million and just unscrew the remaining thread with pliers.

IMG_1088.jpg IMG_1092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,140 Posts
https://www.benzworld.org/forums/17720488-post267.html

Well, I got antsy today, and thought I'd investigate using the MB microphone with my continental 7412...I'll update later if it seems to improve things...
I received my 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter today and let me say this was a project worth doing. At rest, top down, the voice quality is very clear. I called my home and left a message. When retrieved, it sounded much clearer than the little mic built into the face of the conti. In a live phone call, I was told there wasn't an indication I was "hands-free". On the road hasn't been tested yet, and I don't really expect much. Besides, when I'm driving, the phone is the last detail I pay attention to.

oh, and SIRI worked much better...

I am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Took a trip to a memory lane... This is the very place where I took a 35mm picture of my very first Mercedes. Now, 18 years later... same place...

Did few little updates to the car, the NLA Carlsson pedals are mounted in

With the dead pad

Scored an absolutely flawless seat cushions (along with other pieces from pic-a-part) 2 steps of Lexol and after soaking up the sun for few hours (and the lotion), beautifully soft and supple! Look and feel nearly brand new.

Now, the interior is near flawless in this project car, couldn't be happier!

Regards,
D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Took a trip to a memory lane... This is the very place where I took a 35mm picture of my very first Mercedes. Now, 18 years later... same place...

Did few little updates to the car, the NLA Carlsson pedals are mounted in

With the dead pad

Scored an absolutely flawless seat cushions (along with other pieces from pic-a-part) 2 steps of Lexol and after soaking up the sun for few hours (and the lotion), beautifully soft and supple! Look and feel nearly brand new.

Now, the interior is near flawless in this project car, couldn't be happier!

Regards,
D
D. that little project of yours is coming out great. How did you mount the rest pedal?

·
Registered
943 Posts
D. that little project of yours is coming out great. How did you mount the rest pedal?
Cheers! Thanks, very enjoyable project, taking a little longer than I wanted to, but I do love this car!

I'm not sure what original hardware should have been supplied with this set, it was advertised on ebay as missing hardware (though it was in original box and was NOS).

The dead pad took the longest! Left door seal plastic trim removed first (one screw, one plastic rivet at the seat rail then pops upward), hood lever (8mm screw) and that left kick panel removed, then, there is enough room to fold the carper over. 2 holes directly through the carpet, standard black ABS plate I made as a back up, and sandwich of:

Pedal/Carpet/ABS - secured with flat head countersink hex screws, washer and lock nut in the back side.

Regards,
D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks D that sounds easy enough. I always thought that there should be one just did not want to drill any holes. Your way sounds great. Who's better than you D. Great job.

·
Registered
943 Posts
...I always thought that there should be one just did not want to drill any holes...
I agree with you 100%, the place is there, and the pad just looks at home imo, never seen one fitted from the factory but should be there if sport pedals are fitted. Here is one:

and here is the other one

Regards,
D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Picked up updated and much improved oil filler caps yesterday, OE from the dealer, 000-010-13-85-64. Much much better ergonomics/grip due to the raised "handle" area. I picked up x3 of these - love em!!! Now in all 3 cars...

Regards,
D

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Last Sunday of Winter Sequim Washington.

It is the last week of winter and with the Temp above 60 deg today off came the top and took a drive with the dog in the back. We stopped at John Wayne Marina to walk the dog who was happy to have the wind in his hair.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone know where this is meant to be plugged into??

View attachment 2497370

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not 100% sure, but it looks like something similar on my car. Is there a little hole in the underside of that black pipe to the right of the little white pipe youre highlighting? Cant remember what its for, air flow maybe?

attached image of what im talking about...

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
While replacing many worn out parts on my new to me 1992 300sl - new brakes and rotors, new shocks, struts, front wheel bearings and more. Amazing to find all the broken plastic pieces after 27 years, and some things are a surprise. I wondered why my right front wheel hit the fender liner on bumps in turns - besides the strut was shot the bump stop was missing on that side. How does that happen? Lots of deferred maintenance, but motor and trans are strong at 84k and going thru bit by bit fixing, replacing things that have to get done to enjoy this ride! New motor mounts, trans mount, flex discs also made a huge difference, did those last week.

6821 - 6840 of 6933 Posts
About this Discussion
6.9K Replies
503 Participants
BenzWillMakeHerDance
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing