Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

6801 - 6820 of 6941 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
You will be surprised on the way there, who would have thought to have a location in such area, and yet, after serpentine road through what seems to be a deep country, suddenly it is on your right!

Regards,
D

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks, been down there many times but only to the winery!
Ahhh, exactly, so you know the area! Yep, just keep on driving, eventually right at that little crab shack and keep on going still... I like the one in stafford a little better, mostly layered with gravel, where Spotsylvania one is a mud pit after the rains...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wanted to get me some aluminum oilers that only came with early cars, and where else would I get a chance to practice the valve cover replacement and to practice the chain guide removal and replacement on M119 other than pic-a-part?

Not that I needed any of these to be repaired or replaced yet, but as a long term ownership for R129, mind as well learn. Very rewarding experience I tell you! Very straight forward, very few tools are needed and definitely DIY.

And for very little cost, more spare goodies came home, valve covers and aluminum oiler tubes

Regards,
D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice Haul :).....I picked up extra top and tonneau locks, misc plastic interior bits for like $20

What I did do this weekend is pull hardtop to adjust front lock pin alignment for rain leak on right side near A-pillar. With great thread on site and pdf's for MB notices on adjusting top for leak resolution. Didn't realise there was that much play in pin placement. Front gasket seems tighter fit now. We'll see.

Also this week crossed 155k in use as daily, averaging 200 miles a week

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wanted to get me some aluminum oilers that only came with early cars, and where else would I get a chance to practice the valve cover replacement and to practice the chain guide removal and replacement on M119 other than pic-a-part?

Not that I needed any of these to be repaired or replaced yet, but as a long term ownership for R129, mind as well learn. Very rewarding experience I tell you! Very straight forward, very few tools are needed and definitely DIY.

And for very little cost, more spare goodies came home, valve covers and aluminum oiler tubes

Regards,
D
D, those valve covers look like they are in excellent condition. It is good to have spare parts JIC.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice Haul :)...What I did do this weekend is pull hardtop to adjust front lock pin alignment for rain leak on right side near A-pillar. With great thread on site and pdf's for MB notices on adjusting top for leak resolution. Didn't realise there was that much play in pin placement. Front gasket seems tighter fit now. We'll see...
Kind Sir: Could you point me to that thread and PDF please? Hope that it did work for you! Depending on the incline degree where I park, I occasionally get a drop or two at the same area as you do? Would like to address that too on the the red devil...

Regards,
D

·
Registered
946 Posts
D, those valve covers look like they are in excellent condition. It is good to have spare parts JIC.
Cheers! Yes, yes indeed, specially since the parts cost just peanuts, why not to have them, would be crushed anyway (plus experience/knowledge gained). These covers thinking of re-finishing them (powder coating) red... I know, not for everyone, but I get a freebie job on these from a friend, so why not?

Regards,
D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cheers! Yes, yes indeed, specially since the parts cost just peanuts, why not to have them, would be crushed anyway (plus experience/knowledge gained). These covers thinking of re-finishing them (powder coating) red... I know, not for everyone, but I get a freebie job on these from a friend, so why not?

Regards,
D
Great idea, I think that will look awesome, especially when you have a friend that can do it for you.:thumbsup:

6801 - 6820 of 6941 Posts