Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

6121 - 6137 of 6137 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always used the 13144 on my cars over the years, but it's good to confirm that it works the best.
Were you trying to get your car to pass smog? (I've got a lot of experience w/ dealings w/ those tests)
Also what cats did you use as replacement?
355, i noticed under my car the cable was in bad shape, not smog related.

Searching for a new one, was curious about the various sensors being mentioned on forums/online retailer options.
its very good to know the sensors are not all created equal... the $40+ price as usual too good to be true? to be fair it "works"
but in terms of what it should be doing? not so much in my case it was & very noticeable and chose to stick with P/N 13144.

the CA recommended Magnaflow #332037

·
Registered
9 Posts
the CA recommended Magnaflow #332037 is NLA from what ive seen today. as the replacement version is about $604. wonder what other alternatives there could be.

Replaced the eggcrate & she's smiling again.

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
3,067 Posts
the CA recommended Magnaflow #332037 is NLA from what ive seen today. as the replacement version is about $604. wonder what other alternatives there could be.

Replaced the eggcrate & she's smiling again.
Walker still makes them for CA, they are about $180. That is what I have in my car, installed 4 years ago.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,357 Posts
Narrowband o2 sensors only tell the ECU if the motor is running stoich, rich, or lean like a three-way switch. So if you crimped on a new universal Bosch o2 sensor and it ran worse than an OE replacement Bosch o2 sensor, either it was defective you did a poor job of crimping.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,357 Posts
Being that the element for a universal or Mustang or OE replacement will be the same for this application you must have purchased more than one faulty sensor. The o2 sensor doesn't care what car it's in. Stoich is the same in any vehicle and the voltage range is standard.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'85 300D Turbo, '91 420SEL, '92 190E 2.6, '09 C350, '12 E63 Wagon
3,207 Posts
A few years ago my son, being on the chubby side, was convinced to join a local soccer team. All of a sudden one day a father approached me all furious like I had killed his first born child. (A little more detail would reveal that my child was maybe in the lower third regarding playing ability, while his child was top two, if not clearly #1. I had no clue what happened with that other me. It wasn't me, but he sure seemed to know it was me). I let my beard and moustache grow out beyond comfort just to try to avoid looking like that guy from then on. Mistaken identity???

Anyways, what did I do with my W201 today:

"I was rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice, laid back, with my mind on gone money and the money that was mine..."

Oh wait:

"I was thinking about her, thinking about me, thinking about us, what we're gonna be, open my eyes, yeah, it was only just a dream"

Darn high idle....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
3,067 Posts
Sorry folks but whatever the beef I'm going to have to end it here. Hate playing cop or picking sides in the process so here it goes, I'm deleting the all of the posts without comment...

·
Registered
9 Posts
back to our regularly scheduled program!

w201 got new shoes! 15x7 ET23 205/50/15
Just needs height dialed. No rub. Thanks to Jeff for the lug bolts would have had to go otisLA if it wasn’t for his deal & learned From him bmw lugs work on w201s

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,550 Posts
Brand new picknpull opened yesterday in the Bay Area. Found a fresh 89 2.6 with a clean interior and pulled the ezl, instrument cluster and a bunch of window switches. My friend needed a door and fender and took the door cards and some other odds/ends
FF5D76BE-B49E-47C3-9D14-1023B2BC937B.jpeg

Reactions: SEC 560 and jzchen

·
Registered
9 Posts
While listening to Drake - Energy in the w201

Ended up at junkyard & found rear headrest w/brackets in a 2.6. rare? Only seen on Sportline & 16v but very cool find.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,550 Posts
Installed a new AC condenser since my other one was damaged by road debris and leaking. After installation, hooked up a AC manifold and pulled vacuum. Then refilled with 2 cans of Envirosafe refrigerant. If you read around Benzworld a lot of people use it because it cools much more efficiently on r12 cars. Vent temps are low 40s with 90 degree ambient temperature.
You can see the damage to my old condenser on the upper right side. Tried to JB weld it first but no go.
C8DC789F-DA8D-4E4B-9947-E21B70FB4E9E.jpeg
C76E1F77-B0C7-408E-B5F7-87F9B3200808.jpeg

Reactions: jzchen and dolucasi

·
Registered
1989 190e 2.6
355 Posts
Installed a new AC condenser since my other one was damaged by road debris and leaking. After installation, hooked up a AC manifold and pulled vacuum. Then refilled with 2 cans of Envirosafe refrigerant. If you read around Benzworld a lot of people use it because it cools much more efficiently on r12 cars. Vent temps are low 40s with 90 degree ambient temperature.
You can see the damage to my old condenser on the upper right side. Tried to JB weld it first but no go.
View attachment 2639905
View attachment 2639906
The R12 really does work better doesnt it? Mine got converted to R134 and had to recharged last year, no leaks found, but its not super cold.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,550 Posts
The R12 really does work better doesnt it? Mine got converted to R134 and had to recharged last year, no leaks found, but its not super cold.
Yep, the Envirosafe (which is an R12 system compatible substitute) works so much better than 134A. Got the idea from the W126 section.
Molecules are lar
Everyone else I know that has a 134 conversion has never been satisfied with vent temps.
I also found that if your fan clutch is bad it won't cool as well, so I replaced that too.

·
Registered
1989 190e 2.6
355 Posts
Looks like I could run it in my system as well. Might have to look into that. One thing I did recently was dropping a 1.1k resistor onto the temp sensor and a lower temp thermostat, made a massive difference in keeping the car cool and the AC. Before once the car hit 102c the high fans kicked on and then the compressor kicked off. Car won't go over 90 now even sitting for extended periods idling.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2
1,550 Posts
Yes it would work in your system too in case you one day want to switch over. I also have the resistor modification and 79C thermostat like you.
The way I see it, these cars can use as much cooling help as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cluster modification, not ment to be exact (motor speedo combination is why) the logo is added due to the vehicles body kit accessory's.
speedo stays the same since no motor modifications, maybe one day I’ll follow the w124 3.0 bore to 3.2.

After:

6121 - 6137 of 6137 Posts