Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 10417 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I addressed my ANTILOCK (ABS) light in my 300SD today. You can see the light was illuminated in my above post.

Well I jacked up the Benz and the damn wire was completely cut. Just not even connected.

So I pull the sensor, cleaned it, chopped the remaining wire back and had to use an exacto knife to delve into the sensor plastic housing a bit to expose enough of the old wire (it had broken flush with the sensor) to solder more wire onto it. I then cleaned up the other wire and put some nice connectors on.

Antilock light is no more.
Gives me some inspiration and ideas for diving into the brake pad wear sensors...those wires have been broken for at least as long as I've had the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Washed mine and filled it with 94 at my local Petro Canada.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
monk, very nice, love the steering and gear shift, tell us about the head unit install

and u gotta lower it, i had mine rolling around like that for a few yrs, but lowering it works wonders

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ugh, flat spots are the worst! I hope you can get the tires sorted out soon.

Also, themonk: Looking good!
Thanks. :thumbsup:

monk, very nice, love the steering and gear shift, tell us about the head unit install

and u gotta lower it, i had mine rolling around like that for a few yrs, but lowering it works wonders
The way you see it is the way I bought it on Monday. The a$$ end sits a little high but I'm thinking it's like that because when you put it in drive like all older MB's it squats so driving it looks normal.

The head unit is a JVC KW-AVX720 DVD, iPod, Blue Tooth, touch screen with proximity sensor, other than that I have no idea about it. I'm getting an Alpine sub/amp combo installed on Wednesday. I'll find out more about tomorrow and post info up.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think lowering really depends on where you're driving. I, for instance, couldn't get out of the driveway if I lowered it past stock (I exaggerate a little here).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ah, you are back? Cool, thought this car had a fire.
She did. Good buddy of mine across the street, i got him hooked on SD and SDL's. He's a junkyard dog and managed to find me everything i needed to fix my car. Took a while between work and school and repowering my gas truck with a diesel. But she's fixed. Need to take care of some little minor detail work around the car, give it a bath and a detail.

I registered it, drove it to work and someone brushed the front right side.. There is a blue streak on the bumper now :mad:

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Glad you and your baby are back, we've missed you and that beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Well Blue Bird got new front Bilstein HD's and two new flex disc's tonight. Seats removed to have the Gen II's that I was lucky enough to get from Baron Youngman (Bob) who anyone near Chicago should look up.

So seats, stereo, and new hood hinges (thanks to Kalifornia - Dave) this upcoming week.

The flex disc's did not look bad one stress crack, but what a relief, will tackle that on the SL soon. Then timing chain on both. Been struggling with getting the full parts list and sourcing all of the correct brands. But soon. Very happy to be getting the important stuff done. Still could not identify my springs. Not really sure how. I will post a picture in case someone who knows can see anything to help.

All in all a good day!

Then I can start to post parts for sale, as I bought another parts car for basically the wood and the two covers over the seat belt extenders, man did I ever get bit by this bug.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well,let`s see.I got stranded at the bottle shop after a bottle of JD. Went to start it but it refused. Pulled the FP relay from it`s cover with a borrowed screwdriver since I left tools at home and this was the problem. (oh, excuse the blurry pics):

After jiggling it enough to get the car started and home I pulled it out and soldered the connections in the blue circle where the relay had come loose.No problems now. Incidentally the red circle represents previous repairs from the wrecker it was once purchased from by the previous owner so I`ll be eventually fitting a brand new one.

·
SuperModerator
13,202 Posts
Got very messy slathering the underside and wheel wells. with rustproofing. Quite pleased I managed to get it into pretty much every nook and cranny although a bit difficult around the rear subframe area.
Popped the bumpers off and did behind there, did the rear of the bumper chromes too, could see the beginnings of surface rust there.
Nice to know its all covered now, the car is very unrusty for a UK car but I've driven it in heavy snow/winter use quite a lot so best to be preventative.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
450sl_in_MN,
But what a car to get you hooked. Mosby is fast attaining the BBII status.
BTW The package you sent arrived yesterday afternoon.

What did I do with my 126?
I removed the awful Bosch Platinum Super (read WR8DC) plugs from Mosby, that have most certainly fried the resistors in the wire ends and hopefully not the EZL. I also replaced(there wasn't one) the thermostat. Replaced with NGK BP6ES Plugs. Had 7 Bosch 7mm wires and one Beru wire. This kludge had to be from the last owner, not the owner that had the high end stereo in the car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sanden compressor installation complete

I have been working the past few weeks replacing the junk R4 compressor with a Sanden style unit.

Yesterday I finished fabbing and installing the oil cooler hose bracket

The A/C works great!

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Been down for a while, dead transmission.

A used unit was installed, too much fluid, dripping out of the dip stick on the trans itself.

Removed the "correct" amount of fluid, won't shift.

Added some fluid, drives and shifts, albeit oddly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My car has the most entertaining paint job...

Washed and waxed it...

Previous owner took a Navajo White (or cream, or whatever Mercedes calls that almost white color) car, used some cans of red spray paint, and made it a red car. Every time I wash it, it loses a little more red paint, revealing a SHINY white car underneath! Which is to say, the previous owner didn't even sand the car before painting it! I'm waiting with baited breath for more red to disappear, so I can see what sort of bodywork sins they were trying to hide! :D :eek:

Today:

When I bought it last September...

21 - 40 of 10417 Posts
About this Discussion
10.4K Replies
414 Participants
vdubpower
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing