Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
741 - 760 of 840 Posts

·
Registered
1250v
619 Posts
Its hard to tell what happened to this thing, but I'm guessing lots of salt and no grease. It's been like that as long as I have had it, I just didn't realize how bad it was. Unfortunately the pin is already been damaged, the normal king pins repair won't be enough. It should be a good winter project.

·
Registered
'88 gd240 / '85 240TD /87' 300TD / 88' flu419
198 Posts
I see, no surprise Mercedes did not want to answer the question.. cool to see how the two dents are exactly the same form.. the predicatibility of metal.. thanks for educating me.

Johan

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,542 Posts
This photo shows some of what is going on. The raised cab UNIMOG has the turn indicators lowered on the fenders, to an area with plenty of supporting structure (Red Arrow). I have a small sample size maybe, but I do not recall coming across the dimples on a raised cab UNIMOG. That does not mean that they are not out there, but I think that every photo that I have with the dimple is on a regular height cab, with the higher turn indicators, as shown on the yellow one (Blue Arrow).

You can also see the vertical structure at the front corner, which stops short of the top corner of the fender. This piece carries the fender, and also sets the grill opening, and the grill fastens to it.

The Yellow box indicates the area where the dimples occur, and the orange line shows the part of the front end that is just the sheet metal of the fender - it is on its own without and internal structure to speak of.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
198 Posts
U- boat ,...meaning a German one? I like the movie "dass Boot"..

Leaking roof could be a lot worse then a leaking heating core.. our old house with asbestos tile roof is leaking...it is going to be expensive..probably more then my flu419.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not really working on a mog but though this would pass the criteria.
It is raining and felt like doing some art work..
Found an acceptable drawing online , our daughter enlarged it to a suitable size and the we "modified" from soft cab to hardcab.. took some liberties there.. the printed it and got a white shirt from Goodwill.. put the letter size paper on a lightbox and draped the shirt around it. To not disturb the fabric i dotted all the lines. Then filled in from dot to dot.. just back in kindergarten. Haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,542 Posts
Mounted dual power post to firewall, roughed in
new cables, spliced to the one exiting the tube by the
Alternator. Not really 4AWG, more like 6 AWG, but
not exactly.
Used an underground-rated set screw splice collar -
much better than the previous set up, with more positive clamping.
Product Font Material property Electric blue Space
Tints and shades Electric blue Human leg Sleeve Denim
Hand tool Tool Wood Material property Metalworking hand tool
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Sports equipment Motor vehicle

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,542 Posts
The Power Post is a Blue Sea Item - No. 2016. That is for the 5/16" studs. $21 on Ebay.
They have 3/8" studs as well - No. 2017
Also, one 5/16" stud and one 3/8" stud - No. 2018
I stumbled upon the splice kit at ACE Hdwr.

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,375 Posts
Ahh, so it’s just a common post deal? I’m in need of a through bulkhead set. I’m not happy with the typical junk.

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,375 Posts
Yeah, was hoping for a form factor like your earlier post with positive and negative on the same unit. I will have to dig through their stuff again and see if anything strikes me.

741 - 760 of 840 Posts