Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
1250v
583 Posts
Its hard to tell what happened to this thing, but I'm guessing lots of salt and no grease. It's been like that as long as I have had it, I just didn't realize how bad it was. Unfortunately the pin is already been damaged, the normal king pins repair won't be enough. It should be a good winter project.

·
Registered
'88 gd240 / '85 240TD /87' 300TD / 88' flu419
192 Posts
I see, no surprise Mercedes did not want to answer the question.. cool to see how the two dents are exactly the same form.. the predicatibility of metal.. thanks for educating me.

Johan

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,192 Posts
This photo shows some of what is going on. The raised cab UNIMOG has the turn indicators lowered on the fenders, to an area with plenty of supporting structure (Red Arrow). I have a small sample size maybe, but I do not recall coming across the dimples on a raised cab UNIMOG. That does not mean that they are not out there, but I think that every photo that I have with the dimple is on a regular height cab, with the higher turn indicators, as shown on the yellow one (Blue Arrow).

You can also see the vertical structure at the front corner, which stops short of the top corner of the fender. This piece carries the fender, and also sets the grill opening, and the grill fastens to it.

The Yellow box indicates the area where the dimples occur, and the orange line shows the part of the front end that is just the sheet metal of the fender - it is on its own without and internal structure to speak of.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,656 Posts
2 NOS Hella warning triangles - made a sling hanger for them to sit behind the seats.
I am hoping having them will ward off the evil spirits thereby never needing them :p
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Triangle Wood Cone Electric blue Hardwood

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,361 Posts
Diagnosed and started a bit of a rehab of the heater on my 416 Doka today.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Electrical wiring

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,361 Posts
Sure enough as I’m pressure testing the heater core my wife comes in the garage to say our roof is leaking. Luckily my heater core is not leaking.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
'88 gd240 / '85 240TD /87' 300TD / 88' flu419
192 Posts
U- boat ,...meaning a German one? I like the movie "dass Boot"..

Leaking roof could be a lot worse then a leaking heating core.. our old house with asbestos tile roof is leaking...it is going to be expensive..probably more then my flu419.

741 - 749 of 749 Posts