Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

381 - 400 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
1995 U1550L
29 Posts
Cupholders!!!

Went nuts at the "RAM mount store" and installed some cupholders. I don't have 3 guns so the center gun holder bracket was removed and the RAM bits installed in its place. Was getting tired of coffee in the lap. :smile

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'87 U1300l, '69 Swiss 404
276 Posts
Rebuilt the 404's fuel pump

Surprisingly, the only obvious issue was a bulged diaphragm, shorter than normal springs, and dried grease (the diaphragm was clean prior to disassembly).
IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

·
Registered
1968 404 Unimog
31 Posts
Looking at the picture one would think I was down under Chas lol.
That would be a good expodition for this ol beast..
I didn't realize till after I posted that picture it was upside down.

·
Registered
'91 427.110 '02 405.230
3,391 Posts
Oh, that helps...but I think I need night vision goggles.
Hold on I got IR camera, I'm set then, all good.

·
Registered
'91 427.110 '02 405.230
3,391 Posts
Went nuts at the "RAM mount store" and installed some cupholders. I don't have 3 guns so the center gun holder bracket was removed and the RAM bits installed in its place. Was getting tired of coffee in the lap. :smile
That bracket would hold 5 gal bucket I bet.

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,643 Posts
...TO your UNIMOG today?

Used it as a fairly effective head turner in the Parade...

C.

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,416 Posts
With the help of Danoo (many, many, many thanks), we put a 20spd tranny in my Mog.

Took 82 manhours (not including shop clean up which was rendered a disaster during the work) to pull the old six speed out and put in the new 20spd tranny. This includes the time when we mucked about with my rear main seal (mechanical NOT square rope as it turns out) and new oil pan gasket, but that was only a couple of hours total. I drove the truck into Danoo's shop on Wednesday afternoon and pulled out Saturday afternoon for road trials, then drove the two hours home Sunday morning. Shop clean up took awhile after the road trials were done but we had good beer to make it a cheerful activity.

I'm still playing around with the various gears and trying out the double clutch with implements, so the jury is out on if this was a total succes or not. But frankly the ability to split shift the main gears and having the double clutch for the PTO may be enough to keep me happy. The two lowest cascades may be too low for most of my work anyways. We'll see.

1st gear, in the lowest cascade, "snail" or "worm" depending upon what you read, is ridiculous!! That's just for belly laugh usage.

Lot of work but I think my Mog likes it.

Attachments

·
Registered
'91 427.110 '02 405.230
3,391 Posts
Machined some custom brackets and mounted two 24V Hella Supertones horns just behind the passenger side headlight. Previously they were mounted on the bumper but I prefer the new location which gives the bumper a cleaner look.
Ha! I installed two of those late last year, and pretty much in the same spot, just on driver side.

·
Registered
1970 Unimog 406 was VF3 Snowcutter
138 Posts
Relined the front brakes. Original wheel cylinders leaked into the pads, after years of cooking the old brake fluid into the pads it caused the front brakes to lock up at low speed. It was so bad I would have to go in reverse to UN-stick them.

Now they are Glatt wie ein Babypopo

Oh and I rattle canned the front bumper thus eliminating one of the random colors that my truck was wearing (Belgian camo). Bringing the grand total number of mismatched colors my truck is down to 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
'91 427.110 '02 405.230
3,391 Posts
IMG_0679.jpg
New front panel of the fender has been installed.
Trying to figure out the mounting brackets for rear panels,
I'm a bit confused, after what they've done with those makeshaft mudflaps.
The truck took quite a bit of beating by a previous owner.

·
Registered
1986 U1300L Expedition Camper
425 Posts
Ordered and successfully installed new panel clips for the driver and passenger side door cards. Much better than the previous flat head screws that had peeling paint and corrosion building. Thanks to a fellow Benzworld member for the tip on these panel clips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U1250L DOKA
709 Posts
Arranged to get the RustMog out of storage and to the shop. Hopefully by the 4th of July it will be all in one place for the first time in 6 (or is it 7 years)

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,296 Posts
Hydraulic rams

New rods, pistons and seals for the rams. ram pins were very much rusted in - took a lot of effort to get them out. Everything is now nice and free. just a bit of paint on the ends and they are going back in tomorrow. No more oil on the floor :grin
And also, the last of the rusted on bits :devil

Attachments

·
Registered
Unimog S 404.114
885 Posts
fresh paint for the hut, wiping oil from axles, engine and transmision yesterday,
checking all lights.....
successfully passed technical verification today. In two years same again.

381 - 400 of 448 Posts