Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 2001 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG, 2001 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was driving along... decided to open my front driverside window and then proceeded to open the front passenger only when I pressed the button to bring it down nothing happenned. Now my driverside window won't go up! :mad:

I checked the fuses and still nothing. Is it the window motor? On both? Failed at the same time? Has this happenned to any of you?

What could be the problem?

-Jerry

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
Did you by any chance spill any drink on or around the window switches lately? Often, this causes the switches to lose electrical contact. I would remove the switches and clean them first.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 2001 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG, 2001 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked the fuse and...

:confused: I checked the fuses... even tried replacing them with new ones... no luck. The only window that works is the left rear. The front driver and passenger windows failed at the same time... the passenger rear never worked when I acquired the car.

Could it be a relay? If so, where are they located? Are they the 2 ice cube relays by the brake booster? According to performanceproducts... there is a third? Am I mistaken here?

Thanks again for all the input! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
The main power window relay is directly behind the instrument cluster. Pull the cluster, and see if you can here the relay click when you're operating the switches. It should. If not, try tapping on it with a screwdriver handle. This sometimes will unstick a relay. If still nothing, then break out the wiring diagrams and start checking for voltages. If the relay is receiving power, but not putting out, then don't be afraid to pry the cover off the relay and clean up the points inside with fine sandpaper.

Jamie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Seems to take a while to respond after holding the button down... only at first though... as if there is somewhat of a signal delay. Might mean the contacts are dirty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts