Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a w210 e200 with the M111.941 engine and i just replaced the head gasket and i'm wondering what coolant to use , from what i found out i need a coolant with this code MB 325.0 and that the color is not important.
Is this right ?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
Well look for the coolant that meets the MB spec for your car that you can buy in your country. If supply is limited, and you cannot buy it from neighboring countries, than, use HOAT type coolant.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i will go with the mercedes coolant , lucky for me i can get it in my country

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
55 Posts
No need to use MB coolant. It is not significantly different from any other that meets your vehicle’s specs

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,318 Posts
No need to use MB coolant. It is not significantly different from any other that meets your vehicle’s specs
When we don't have lab study comparing coolants, almost all topics about car overheating bring the issue of using Zerex.
That brings whole ideology about MB ownership. Some owners don't care about putting MB-spec oils, some drive on regural gas and so on.
Then the forum gets flooded with problems they have with the car.. .
Use your own judgement, but don't come back crying.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
MB does NOT manufacture coolants. They build specs, and the manufacturers' products either meet, or do not meet specs. MB buys from those that meet the spec. with MB sticker on the jug. Look at all manufacturers who meet the 325.0 spec. There is no magic ingredient in MB labeled coolant that makes it so special among others that meet the spec.

And of course, no coolant will solve the problems created by owners' neglect, or abuse.

MB 325.0 - Anticorrosion/antifreeze agents (Specification 325.0) - Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update this is what the car dealership sent me here in romania they say is up to standards

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
Looks like highly concentrated fluid, that takes reading the label to achieve correct %.
That is not going to work in America.
Doesn't look like it meets 325.0 specs anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like highly concentrated fluid, that takes reading the label to achieve correct %.
That is not going to work in America.
Doesn't look like it meets 325.0 specs anyway.
Right under ,,audi,, second row MB 325.0 well mixing this with distilled water is not o problem for me i have a dirt bike and i do this often :) and its like 50/50 easy

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
You need better understanding of the description.
Comparable doesn't mean approved.
mrboca send you nice link, so take the advantage of it.
Funny, I can understand 3 explanations on it in 3 different languages.

·
Registered
2008 E320 OM642 Bluetec1992 300D 2.5 Turbo (Sold @ 248k running strong), 1985 240D (sold)
120 Posts
The OP's problem is availability.
Here in the US it makes little sense that we're arguing over saving the price of a lunch at Mickey D's.
Actually, I can get MB labeled fluid from several sources for about the same price or less than Prestone or Zerex at the major chain stores. The same people who will save $10 on antifreeze or oil will buy expensive "craft" beer and turn up their nose at plebeian brands.
IMHO the relatively small difference in cost for MB "approved" isn't a good reason to scrimp. You won't miss that $10 next month. If you will, you should be driving a Honda.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts