Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 E430T with Audio 30.<br>
What components do I need to upgrade to have the Bose system? I was thinking about keeping my eyes open on ebay until the components show up, and try to upgrade for a reasonable cost.<br>
<br>
I know there is the subwoofer in the trunk. I also think there is an amplifier, but I don't know where is it located, and how do you connect it? My APS30 has no low-signal out-puts, do you use the speaker cabels as input?<br>
<br>
What about the speakers, are they different for Bose? If they are different, should I go for these speakers, or are there other better price/performance aftermarket speakers?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi<br> The speaker outputs connect to the BOSE amp, which is probably in the boot on the left hand side behind the trim.<br> <br> You will need the amp, mounting bracket, bose wiring loom, and the speakers.<br> <br> This is no easy job to do 'as if installed by the factory', because of the wiring loom (lots of stuff to take apart) - you may be able to mount the bose amp near the head-unit somewhere, which may make things easier (but you will need to make a custom wiring loom)<br> <br> I dont know if the Audio-30-APS supports the digital BOSE amp (then it would connect via fibre)<br> <br> <br> R

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those subs are for a sedan...

...the stationwagon sub is located in the trunc oposit side of the spare tire. <br> <br> According to the seller, all the wireing is there no matter what stereo the car came with from the factory.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Those subs are for a sedan...

OK.<br> <br> I no remember that in my SL, (my98) that didnt have BOSE, there was a small amp under the back seat<br> <br> I assume therefore that the E class is the same, and you replace that small amp with the bose amp.<br> <br> My experience of this is from a CLK, which has a big bose amp in the rear, and if you dont have bose its a different wiring loom in the car.<br> <br> <br> My dealer owes me some favours at the moment, I will ask him what bits are needed, and how it differs from the non T model ..<br> <br> R<br> <br> <br> R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts