Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got my coolant flushed the other day at a MB dealership. Here is the part number of the coolant they used:

Q-1-03-0002 Anti-Freeze.

From what I have been reading on the forum the antifreeze is supposed to be pinkish. The coolant in my tank however is green!

Has anyone got their coolant flushed lately and can confirm theirs is green too?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all, I just called the parts dept, and asked them what color that part number ( antifreeze ) is suppose to be. He said its a pinkish/brown. But then I told him mine was green, and he quickly changes his response and said I must have gotten the "special" fluid that is supposed to cool better.

Hmm... any thougths anyone [?][?]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Hmm... any thougths anyone [?][?]
Green stuff suppose to last up to 2 years (recommended interval between B service) and cost several times less than good stuff. My thoughts - dealership used cheap coolant because they thought it will work anyway.

Try shooting an email to MB customer service. I wounder how they will react.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
I KNEW YOU STILL READ BENZWORLD U ASS lol WELCOME BACK LYHN

·
Registered
1999 C55 AMG
93 Posts
guys, thats coolant treatment, it is brownish/pink before you add the treatment, (i worked at a MB dealership for awhile) we put it in non warrenty coolant flushes (customer pay) its supos to help protect the aluminum radiators.
its like this product i found at a quick search, cept the MB parts Depts stock one that green

http://www.burdickenterprisesinc.com/RP-coolantadditive.htm

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
My factory fill antifreeze was blue. You might think it even has a hint of green to it, but it is definitely blue when compared to Prestone.

I had a conversation with a service writer at MB North Houston about whether I should buy MB coolant or not, since I was going to change it myself. He said that it was not important. The only thing important is that it is designed to protect aluminum, too. Just the regular Prestone was OK according to him. Changing it every 2 years, regardless of whether it is MB brand or another, was recommended to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts