Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anything and everything to make my car faster and better looking to stand out as the best of its kind. Looking for a body kit any one know any good deals and where to get them. I want my car to look sweet and go fast. If you could help me out with any information it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
RE: what can I do to my 98 clk 320 -alot

Hello, your best bet for answers is to use the site search feature found up in the corner of the page. These are frequently discuused topics. For ideas look though the gallery and visit cardomain. If you don't add a kit right away, at least paint your lower black trim so that it matches the car. There is a white CLK in the gallery that has this done. Oh yeah, don't forget wheels, go to tirerack to see how the wheels will look on your car & what will fit. I bought my Pirelli's etc. there, I like them.
BenzWorld gallery
cardomain
tirerack

·
Registered
///M
55 Posts
Yeh i still have to paint my trim, but so far i have
-AMG 17" wheels w/ Pirelli P-Zero Nero MS
-* underdrive pulleys (5-10 HP increase)
-Passport SRX radar detector system (if you want links on how to install let me know)
Im also planning a Koni + H&R spring, shock install (greatly reduces the body roll our cars hav)
Other good ideas are
-intake (ive seen some good conical setups, but you pretty much have to custom make it)
-Exhaust (Eisenmann is the best, but there are several options)
-AMG body kit like on the 430 and 55 (alot of people do Carlsson and Lorinser fronts, Brabus also makes a good kit that just uses add on lips for the front and back, which saves money on painting)
-grilles (large star, black out, etc.)
-Command Retrofit
There are lots of things out there, just search around and have fun. Also, dont let anyone get down on the 320, its not a 430 but it was never meant to be. Enjoy waht you have for what it is [:D]

·
Registered
1998 CLK200
19 Posts
Hi ,

I have one too just that`s a CLK 200 and it`s blue. I thinking to get some thinks too but i live in a kinda poor country in Europe and it`s hard to find a good mechanic or whatever you need to get your car "tunned"..

i was thinking to a Lorinser DTM body kit, 18" wheels - 245/45 back 215/45 front, H&R springs ( but i`m doubt i`ll get because we have bad streets and this would mean "killing the machine" [:)] ) , underbody blue neon, a dvd player, the sport grille, and paint the whole car with a pearlescent blue.

painting and getting the body kit and wheels aren`t a problem, but a good eletrician and a good mechanic to lower it would be a pain in the ass to find. same thing for someone to install my body kit.

by the way, i have the white (4000K xenon headlights) does anyone knows if there is a problem to replace just the bulbs with the Blue - 8000K ?

thestud why don`t you post pictures now before you get your body kit and after . i`ll do the same thing if you agree on that.

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
RE: what can I do to my 98 clk 320 -alot

CLK3.GS3 - 3/18/2005 7:24 PM
paint your lower black trim so that it matches the car. There is a white CLK in the gallery that has this done.
I saw the White CLK that got this done. It of course does not look as good as a kit... but defintily looks better than the black trim. Has anybody else had this done... or got pics of others being done this way? I am thinking of doing this since I am sure it is much cheaper than going the kit route. I want a kit eventually... just not ready to shell out a few grand at the moment. Anybody got any ideas how much it might cost just to get the trim painted?

What point was mercedes trying to make by leaving the trim black anyways? does it serve a purpose that painted trim cannot do? Rock deflector maybe?

THanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts