Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 CLK430 and I just keep eating up tires (front and read) due to inside tire wear. My tire shop says the alignment is fine and they just keep playing around with air pressure. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I drive more highway than city, don't race it through the corners, just back and forth to work.

Help!! The cost of replacing tires every 6 months is killing me.

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
If you are SURE the alignment is OK, And it is ONLY wearing the INSIDE of all 4 tires,{The outside is NOT wearing} Its the tires!!!! Please note carefully the exceptions that I outlined!!! NOW, if it is wearing both the in-out sides them you are running them to soft. Remember that once a tire starts to wear, it is NEARLY impossible to stop them from wearing in that same pattern. With this said, what are you running for tires? What pressure? Do you have them rotated?

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
1,271 Posts
I have a 2002 CLK430 and I just keep eating up tires (front and read) due to inside tire wear. My tire shop says the alignment is fine and they just keep playing around with air pressure. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I drive more highway than city, don't race it through the corners, just back and forth to work.

Help!! The cost of replacing tires every 6 months is killing me.

You have a suspension problem. No doubt about it.
I recommend you get your MB into a QUALIFIED shop for a full inspection and DO NOT mention the car was already inspected.

Somewhere along your Suspension is a problem and it needs to be found.
Shocks, Springs, Joints, something.....

You definitely have a Negative Camber and it needs to be fixed.
that is why she is wearing down on the inside and not the outside.

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
To get better tire wear on the front of the CLK I Would Install a set of 4 Mercedes Benz
(REPAIR BOLTS) that are installed on the front struts ..they are adjustable and will help with the camber problem

On The rear you will need a set of adjustable camber bars to

Then a Good four wheel alignment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts