Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E420
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some HIDs into my 97 E420 and they look great! I used the brand MAXX what we carry at the shop I work at. 8000K..Now the little lights next to my low beams, I think there my high beams there stock.and im not liking how i have these aweomse lights then these stock lights lit up next to them..
anyone know what blub i need to replace them....or a reference site? and maybe where i can match the color too because i have a feeling im only going to be able to find white lol..and my HIDs are bluish..
thanks guy!

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
no one can tell you which bulb is a MATCH unless they bought your MAXX bulbs
themselves. not all 8000ºK are the same color - they are just reference points.
your car uses H6W aka 64132 bayo mount bulb. if you have an aftermarket
headlight it's possible that the bulb is W5W wedge base.

i think you just need to shop for the proper model bulb and add '8000' to the
search. you'll undoubtedly find yourself with LED design as halogen really isn't
able to emit/burn 8000 color. the pain will be trying to find LED which won't
trip the BULB MALFUNCTION on your light monitoring system.

or, go to MBWORLD's w203. they have tons of young folks rolling with HID kits
and trying to match that little bulb color.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E420
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your help...even if i dont find the exact color i mean atleast white will look better then the stock color...do you know what bulbs im talking about? there in the same housing as my high beams..theres an H7 in there and im not sure about the other size

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
they didnt help at all...nor did they even answer my question.
i'm not surprised, you are using an illegal headlight setup by putting hid's in reflector headlights designed for halogens, and to make matters worse you are using 8000k bulbs which are "civic" blue. at least aim the headlights lower so you don't blind everyone driving in front of you.

·
Premium Member
97 E-420 (180K miles), 97 SL500, (93K miles) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD CC/SB/4x4 Duramax(55K)
4,260 Posts
i'm not surprised, you are using an illegal headlight setup by putting hid's in reflector headlights designed for halogens, and to make matters worse you are using 8000k bulbs which are "civic" blue. at least aim the headlights lower so you don't blind everyone driving in front of you.
x2!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts