Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Which one of the following tick you off?

• An old beat up benz being driven (dents, poor paint condition, etc...)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Star emblem on front not facing the correct directiong and owner is too lazy to fix it

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Someone driving a benz only to look "cool"

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • A young adult/teen driving a benz and not appreciating it

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • OH LOOK COOKIES!

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Nice of you to leave the poll open for more than one vote, mine was a tossup between the "cool" and "lack of appreciation" because I see those as two sides of the same coin. Stars/celebs appreciate the benz only for the cool factor, and often the same is the youngster who is given one (new or used, doesn't matter) and then posts on how to drill the airbox for more power, how to fit 20s, etc. :D

Not that I have an opinion, mind you. :rolleyes:

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
911 Posts
fata1lity,

Like you're reading my bain cells;)

I've just casted my vote and I really think that you nailed them all

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
What kind of cookies are they?

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
the youngster who is given one (new or used, doesn't matter) and then posts on how to drill the airbox for more power, how to fit 20s, etc. :D
Yeah, that's the one that I don't much care for...

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
The ones that fall in to this category "cool" and "lack of appreciation" get butt smacked at the dealer. They have no Idea. Now how can I drill my air box?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
The ones that fall in to this category "cool" and "lack of appreciation" get butt smacked at the dealer. They have no Idea. Now how can I drill my air box?
Actually, for the best effect you should drill the airbox AND fit a K&N filter. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
My kids wants to sell our car for a hybrid. Well I tell them, that's very good, since they are feeling for the environment, but I have dreamt of this brand, Mercedes Benz , since 6th grade and maybe give me 5 more years in owning this beautiful peace of art.

·
Registered
W210
13,885 Posts
My kids wants to sell our car for a hybrid. Well I tell them, that's very good, since they are feeling for the environment, but I have dreamt of this brand, Mercedes Benz , since 6th grade and maybe give me 5 more years in owning this beautiful peace of art.
Hybrids are nice and a good concept but they are small and not as solid. I prefer the strength, safety, etc of my MB. Safety for my kid, wife ,and myself comes first for me over saving money or the environment, or dependence on foreign oil.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,213 Posts
Gas hybrids are oxymoron. I've beaten them in economy with E320cdi by a mile,while nobody would stand our performance :D.
In the pool I vote for lack of appreciations between teenagers. Our 1999 ML320 was first new Mercedes (and only so far) we bought. I am the poorest guy in rich neighborhood, so it took me some savings and struggle to afford it. At the time those cars have been HOT and had 1-year waiting for delivery.
So after taking the delivery and proudly taking the truck to church, our son one day comes from school with story "my friend got exact one for his 16-th birthday"
Just sit and cry. ..

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
What bothers me the most is to see an older woman, who most likely knows diddley about cars or has no appreciation for what she has, driving a shinny new E550 while I, a MB enthusiast drive my old beat up W124 with 223K miles...(is this envy or what)
All kidding aside, it does bother me when people don't appreciate what they have.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Ha Ha, POW ya got me very funny :D
In all seriousness (wait, did we agree to THAT!!?!) you got me with that thread a long while back. :thumbsup: The K&N has been out of the airbox since then, and although the mileage seems to have dropped a bit I don't mind at all because I remain satisfied that less particulates are getting into the intake stream. (Which reminds me, I need to clean up the old K&N and sell it on ebay to some other unsuspecting guy...along with tips on drilling the airbox, of course.)

Have a great weekend, whichever of your haunts you're haunting. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2007 E550, 2007 GL450
479 Posts
Star...must...be...straight...must....straighten...will...not....pull...over...to straighten...will not....must wait until I get home...not pull over.... *blinker goes on, car stops in traffic, owner rushes out and fixes alignment of hood ornament, resumes driving while blissfully ignoring obscene gestures and heckles from passing motorists observing said behaviour*.

·
Registered
1999 E320
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Star...must...be...straight...must....straighten...will...not....pull...over...to straighten...will not....must wait until I get home...not pull over.... *blinker goes on, car stops in traffic, owner rushes out and fixes alignment of hood ornament, resumes driving while blissfully ignoring obscene gestures and heckles from passing motorists observing said behaviour*.
Hahahahahaha me too. My friends loved pissing me off by moving the hood ornament. I went to a high school in which many rich kids went to. So competing with brand new BMW's and such was quite hard. Even though I am 18 and had my first benz when I was 17 and still in high school, I loved and appreciated the ride. 2 benzes and one toyota later (long story) I am on my third benz and love it. Not loving the loan payments though hahaha.

·
Registered
'98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
6,663 Posts
MB's that are beat up and dented? See them all the time around the world. These ARE Taxis in a whole lot of countries. The simple fact that they keep going and going and going and going...

The thing that bothers me most is the emblem facing the wrong way. That just is indicative of how they lead their life. They are either too clueless to notice and therefore dangerous on the road because they don't pay attention, or they are deliberately trying to make a statement about how they feel about things. Let's face it. If you are going to make a "Statement" by turning your MB emblem askew, then quite frankly you are not worth the effort to try and engage and say hey man, your hood emblem is cocked up!

My grandfather said that it was fine to be and individual, but just because you are doesn't make you useful.

I had that mangled fork print framed for him for his 80th Birthday and he loved it. It hung over his "Writing desk" for years up until his death a few years back. He loved it because he saw that my generation was getting back to the common sense of things as he said.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
653 Posts
Snobby 211

What bothers me most? Some snobby 211 drivers who think they are better than us because we drive the older Benz.....:D

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,213 Posts
Yesterday experience. In pretty heavy traffic on 2-lane freeway the left lane is blocked by slowly driven pretty new W211.
The mid-age women drives it with long back-up behind, while supporting her head with her hand and the car is having high beams on during daylight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts