Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML320 2000 ML55 AMG... miss my 84 500sec AMG
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the replacement (used) bumper assembly delivered for my 2000 ml55 .But they didnt send the bolts to mount it to my truck. Does anyone know whats needed to attach the rear bumper assembly to the truck. Want to have hubby stop and get the bolts on his way home if poss. thanks

·
Registered
2007 ML 500, 2008 ML 550, 2011 ML 63 AMG
363 Posts
Umm, why not just use the bolts that presently hold your existing bumper in place?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive me for not including entire info. It didnt come with any. Bumper was removed by PO when i picked up truck, never thought to ask him what he did with them. I just need to know what bolts, washers ect are used across the top under the lift gate . This is all that actually holds it right? besides the slide on brackets on the sides of the truck and bumper itself?
The ML55 bumper is mounted totally diffrent then my ml320s.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay never mind on what to use to mount the bumper , we had something that worked.

How bout this question for the 2000 ml55 owners. What goes across the top of the back bumper under the lift gate that is held on with four or five pieces of velcro. it looks like it would be a filler pice to cover the bolts that hold bumper on. a picture would be good .... just so you know were i mean, it is only seen when lift gate is open.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
that was great, thanks for posting that, soooo it does say there is a bolt cover strip held on with velcro. Can anyone with an ML55 get me the part # off of this cover strip in step 3 that they speak of removing . Its only velcroed on................please....... i hate seeing these ugly bolts and washers my husband had to use.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,655 Posts
By the looks of the illustration the piece you are looking for could be #38 or 69, but the dealer will be able to tell you for sure.

While you are there you should get the proper bolts and nuts for the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks just printed it off and taking to my dealer today, when i pick up the 13 pin connector for my truck. I will have to order the bolts im sure, they didnt even have a cap or locking pin for the tranny dipstick tube in stock. thanks again!

UPDATE <thanks again guys for the bumper break downs. Went armed to the dealer today to show them what i needed , boy you guys made me look like a techy when i got to the parts counter. Would you believe the little cover that vecros on over those bumper bolts that i wanted is 100.00 and it comes primered, so add paint to that. My cost was 60 something .....but still high

1 - 8 of 8 Posts