Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

W220 Moderator
Yeah, the "factory fit" headrests would be even better.
Like my 2 bad boyz I installed a while back, 馃槇 .................

I actually fabricated hollow Stainless Headrest Poles for 3 reasons ...........

1) To get the correct Headrest angle

2) To fit the "Raise & Lower Motors" properly

3) To run the cables inside the Seats and out underneath them

:D :D :D

Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
Discussion Starter #22

First try was the griots. The smell is weird though. It鈥檚 the most expensive. It was on sale at Advance.

I can鈥檛 really tell if it鈥檚 conditioning it all at the moment. But time will help me get better at this I suppose.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Got it. I used it on my dads 430, his seats were hard. They have never been treated and they came back almost immediately

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Interior cleaner and the 3-1 spray, but it appears to be the cream in a spray bottle. I think the key is to massage them in and not 鈥渨ipe them off鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I鈥檝e ordered the saddle softener and the lexol as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Today I will apply Lexol to the dashboard

Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
NIVEA Creme - a German skin creme that the Porsche folks found to work really well on leather. Be warned - NIVEA is available world-wide, made in several different countries. The "Made in Germany" version, and only the "Made in Germany" version contains the same ingredients that the Porsche folks preferred. This was widely discussed on this Forum as well a few years ago.

I just treated the interior of my newly acquired W210 with Nivea-Germany. The previous owner had the back headrest down and they were dried out and sun damaged. The headrest took less than 5 minutes to do and the whole car less than half of an hour.

I'm sure there are better products out there. This is a good one for a quicky detail on a daily driver. Zoom in on the images and see the difference on the surface texture!
20200411_143346.jpg
20200411_143930.jpg

Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
Today I will apply Lexol to the dashboard
Aerospace 303 is great for dashboard and all plastic/vinyl/rubber interior pieces.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Aerospace 303 is great for dashboard and all plastic/vinyl/rubber interior pieces.
My entire interior is only 3 materials; leather, wood, or alcantera. I have not a plastic part in my car. That鈥檚 the reason I鈥檓 so concerned about keep the leather beautiful.

and I do not like that armorall wet shiny look either.

the Nivea Germany looks beautiful in the headrest. I鈥檓 going to order that too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #35

Registered
Be careful when doing perforated seats with Nivea. Make sure you don't see any of the "white" cream on your rag, otherwise you can plug up the holes. I do the solid portion of my seats first and then use my saturated rag to do the perforated section.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Be careful when doing perforated seats with Nivea. Make sure you don't see any of the "white" cream on your rag, otherwise you can plug up the holes. I do the solid portion of my seats first and then use my saturated rag to do the perforated section.
Ok what prevents the leather from tearing/ripping? Are we adding to it鈥檚 elasticity? Or maintaining it鈥檚 toughness. I鈥檝e seen these seats in bad shape at the auction. Really bad shape.

Registered
Too many to list
My entire interior is only 3 materials; leather, wood, or alcantera. I have not a plastic part in my car. That鈥檚 the reason I鈥檓 so concerned about keep the leather beautiful.

and I do not like that armorall wet shiny look either.

the Nivea Germany looks beautiful in the headrest. I鈥檓 going to order that too.
I have cl600 and s600, I think there is some plastic on the edge of the chrome door sill corners , and the ac vents and seat controls are exposed plastic . And the rear view Mirror is plastic .

You do have plastic , as much as any other w220 , but yes a s600 generally has mostly leather wrapped plastic . Only Porsche offered leather wrapped ac vents , seat controls , mirrors etc at a ridiculous cost

Registered
Too many to list
Yep never spray leather conditioner or rub cream into perforated seats it will clog these holes . I like to use a rubber glove and massage the cream into the back sides first then Use my conditioned glove to rub the perforated Area.

Or spray your towel with the conditioner and then rub the towel on the seats

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Yes I said that wrong, I was drinking Pinot Grigio yesterday lol. But I meant aside from the obvious. Those switches and plastic seat trays which at some point I will leather wrap as well. I think I saw metal chrome buttons for this car too.

I just don鈥檛 want any of it to crack. Fade is fine, but crack leather is a hideous situation. The Maserati has Metal vents and leather wrapped air vents.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts