Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two small lighted buttons inside the center armrest box.

There is nothing that I can find in the owners manual, and I don't think I'll just push them to see if anything happens.

Brian

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Do they have a picture of a wrench on them???

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
They are teleaid call buttons, one with the wrench will get you mechanical assistance the other id for information. You must be a teleaid subscriber for them to work and actually complete the call. The emergency button for the system is on the overhead consol and is labeled SOS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I'm not such a Telaid subscriber. There is a phone/something-else? antenna on the rear area of the roof. But I'm sure there isn't a phone installed. When I push on the phone buttons on the wheel, it says that this function is not available.

The additional features I'd really like are Satellite radio (I have a Kenwood unit which I could install, but have yet to determine how to get its audio into the sound system - another fellow has come up with a way to add an auxillary imput by using the cassette circutry. He mentioned it the other day just before he went out of town and I've yet to be told how he did it) - and GPS. The in-dash units with video screen and gps attachments look really nice.

Oh well... great forum - thanks for the help.

Brian

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
You don't need a phone to subscribe to Teleaid. The unit is already built into the vehicle. The antenna you see is for Teleaid, plus the GPS for Teleaid and if you had one installed, the MB cell phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts