Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CLS 550
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one green light with one red light on either side of it, all three are in front of the speedometer. The green light is always on while driving. The red light on the left comes on sometimes and then off. The one on the right is only on when I turn the key to start.
Does anyone know what these lights are for, they are not in the book.

Thanks,
Glenn

98, 500 SL by the way.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
I have one green light with one red light on either side of it, all three are in front of the speedometer. The green light is always on while driving. The red light on the left comes on sometimes and then off. The one on the right is only on when I turn the key to start.
Does anyone know what these lights are for, they are not in the book.

Thanks,
Glenn

98, 500 SL by the way.
Custom Integral radar detector? Sound like how some K40 units are installed. the red lights are for which receiver is picking upa signal (one on front, one on back)

Search this forum for K40 or similar. was discussed recently...

Mind you, I am just guessing here...

·
Registered
2008 CLS 550
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice dash...

The three lights are not in view in this picture, the stearing wheel is blocking the location.
When I changed the oil I found a black square box behind the bumper with wires going through to the inside of the car. Maybe that is some kind of radar dedector but I thought is was the thermometer...

Must be an add on since no one else has them...

Glenn

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,122 Posts
The FBI may have a GPS tracker on your car.

·
Registered
05 C215 CL 500, 96 SL 500 PANO,96 W124 220CE,03 Smart 450 Cabrio, 96 W124 220CE, 07 Ford Transit!
431 Posts
The FBI may have a GPS tracker on your car.
jesus christ run and hide! now that we have to pay compensation for guantanemo bay detainees it's all down to you (or elbeik)

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
...When I changed the oil I found a black square box behind the bumper with wires going through to the inside of the car...Glenn
Should be one one the rear somewhere as well... and a rotary switch in the cabin somewhere, if it is a K40.

The wire to the sensor is kinda like a rg59U or similar (small dia cable TV cable).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts