Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What are the options on a 1993 300SE?

1082 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  bdonkersgoed
Hey everyone,

After much convincing, my Dad just bought a '93 300SE with only 20000 miles on it! What a sweet car!! [8D]
It is absolutely perfect . . . it looks like it has never been driven.

Anyways, we were just wondering what is standard and what was offered as options are on this car . . . We don't have the user manual, so we cannot read about them.

Also, does anyone know what the little black square is to the left of the trunk lock? It looks like a sensor or something . . .

Thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
re:

its the central locking sensor. if it turns green on opening and red on closing.

you probably dont have self leveling suspension, rear electronic seats, may or may not have rear electric sunshade, front headlight wipers in some cases.

SE is short wheel base and SE(Long) is long wheel base. You can run car fax report on your car, and it will tell.

If you read S320W then its short wheel base, if its S320V then its long. The only difference is less than 5 inches for the rear seat passanger. The short wheel base handles less boaty than the long one.

Goodluck, since the car has 20K miles on it, many electrical and mechical issues are yet to be discovered. But iam sure you will love her as its a sweet car with a majestic ride.
[}:)]

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help!
I guess we do have the short wheel base then.

Hopefully we don't ...

Thanks for the help!
I guess we do have the short wheel base then.

Hopefully we don't see any problems soon . . .

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: re:

SE is short wheel base and SE(Long) is long wheel base. You can run car fax report on your car, and it will tell.
This is what my CarFax report told me:

Year/Make/Model: 1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300SE

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 3.2L L6 FI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: GERMANY
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

It just says 300SE, so I guess I have the short wheelbase.

Does the CarFax report tell you what options were included on your car? I cannot seem to find that information.

Thanks!

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rephrase

Maybe I should rephrase my question:

"If you were to brag to someone about all of the unique features of this car that are not usually available on other cars, what would you say?"

Some examples are:
- vaccuum close doors
- double-paned windows
- weird "back-up assist" antennaes
etc.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Dont forget the 12 Speaker Bose!?!

How do you like the sound?...

How do you like the sound?

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Dont forget the 12 Speaker Bose!?!How do you like the sound?...

How do you like the sound?
Actually, I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet [:(] We don't actually get the car until sometime late this week or early next week. I can't wait to try it out though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.