Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
brabus c320
93 Posts
well i heard that the 2001 model havee the most bugs (eleltronical problems) because the...

well i heard that the 2001 model havee the most bugs (eleltronical problems) because they are the 1st of the new models..the 2003 models have the new bi-xenon headlights that make tha car look extra aggressive..if i ahd the choice to buy again iLL go with the 2003 model..other than that im not sure which model is better..

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Cs sold in Germany about 1 yr before export to the US

I've followed C-talk on various nets and there's no big issues. The 320's have the best performance and at little if any more fuel cost than the 240s, if that's of interest.

If purchasing would you recommend buying a 2001?
What are the known problems?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a C320 2001 and am very satisfied with it..

I have the bi-xenons on it too so..it...

I got a C320 2001 and am very satisfied with it..

I have the bi-xenons on it too so..it looks quite like a 2003 model
[:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So other than the bi xeons the car is essentially the same?

I would rather buy a year o...

So other than the bi xeons the car is essentially the same?

I would rather buy a year older and upgrade the headlights than pay the premium for having a current year.

I'm froogle, "cheap", what can i say.

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
I think only the cruise control stick changed

I like the older one better, also I don't know about 'climatronic' equiped cars, but the '03 I saw does not have the air vent in the middle of the upper dash, nor the cold air mixer vent in the middle air vent. Really minor stuff actually. Besides if the early version had any issues I am sure they have been taken care of by now. Also you get like 2% apr on starmarked C's. Our's is an 02 we bought new a little bit more than a year ago, and have nothing to complain about, I couldn't be happier with it. We did get the BAS/ESP thing, but that was fixed with a new wiring harness, had an issue with the tilting mirror- fixed also ,and haven't had an issue with the blinkers. I think it is a best buy for the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts